Help win Bitmap problem please ( MFC game crashing in win98 but not Win2000)
Author Message
 Help win Bitmap problem please ( MFC game crashing in win98 but not Win2000)

I have a 3D tic-tac-toe game which is written in MFC C++ using Doc/View
architecture in Visual C++ 6.0 SP4.  The application ( I am new to MFC so
forgive me if I seem ignorant) uses the Device Context member functions to
draw to the window.  Due to the structure of the program, it makes many
calls to get the device context in many different classes.  But I always
release the DC upon exiting except when I used CClientDC which the MSDN
library says automatically destructs when it goes out of scope.

What is happening in Win98, the program will run for several games then get
very slugish.  If you keep running the game, it quickly becomes impossible
to play because not all the drawings come up on the screen.  It does not
only affect that application, any application running is affected.  It is as
if I am running out of system resources.

This does not happen in Windows NT 4 or Windows 2000.

Please help.

Thank you!

Scott

Thu, 29 May 2003 02:55:18 GMT
 Help win Bitmap problem please ( MFC game crashing in win98 but not Win2000)
Did you remember to destroy/free all GDI-ressources you created/allocated.
Pens/colors/ehm(all the other win-thingies)

/Frank

Quote:
> I have a 3D tic-tac-toe game which is written in MFC C++ using Doc/View
> architecture in Visual C++ 6.0 SP4.  The application ( I am new to MFC so
> forgive me if I seem ignorant) uses the Device Context member functions to
> draw to the window.  Due to the structure of the program, it makes many
> calls to get the device context in many different classes.  But I always
> release the DC upon exiting except when I used CClientDC which the MSDN
> library says automatically destructs when it goes out of scope.

> What is happening in Win98, the program will run for several games then
get
> very slugish.  If you keep running the game, it quickly becomes impossible
> to play because not all the drawings come up on the screen.  It does not
> only affect that application, any application running is affected.  It is
as
> if I am running out of system resources.

> This does not happen in Windows NT 4 or Windows 2000.

> Please help.

> Thank you!

> Scott

Thu, 29 May 2003 03:07:38 GMT

1. ADO in Win2000 crashes on Win98

2. GetOpenFileName() works in Win2000 but not in Win98??

3. Help w/ app crashing in MFC shared dll but not w\ static MFC using VC6

4. A problem about Composite Control in Win2000 and win98

5. MFC with managed Extension crashes on win98??

6. MFC with managed Extension crashes on win98??

7. MFC app crashes on Win98

8. Help us please!!! (Problem with crashes)

9. Visual C++ debugger crashes under Win 95 but not under NT4.0

10. Help Please! A Crash Problem due to Fonts

11. C games for win 95 Newbie wants help

12. Bitmap file problem - please help me !