cin equivalent in MFC
Author Message
 cin equivalent in MFC

All:

If I was to implement a text editor using the MFCAppWizard (EXE), how
would someone implement cin and cout for reading in characters from the
keyboard and displaying them to the window, respectively?

Thank you in advance,

C-Lo

Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 cin equivalent in MFC

WM_KEYDOWN (KEYUP) message would catch the characters
indivisually. You might want to consider using CRichEditCtrl as well.
-Mehmet

Quote:

>All:

>If I was to implement a text editor using the MFCAppWizard (EXE), how
>would someone implement cin and cout for reading in characters from the
>keyboard and displaying them to the window, respectively?

>Thank you in advance,

>C-Lo

Thu, 27 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 cin equivalent in MFC
Quote:
>If I was to implement a text editor using the MFCAppWizard (EXE), how
>would someone implement cin and cout for reading in characters from the
>keyboard and displaying them to the window, respectively?

You don't have to worry about any of that low-level keyboard stuff if you
use a CEditView or CRichEditView.  See the topic "Derived View Classes" in
the online Visual C++ Programmer's Guide.

John

Fri, 28 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 cin equivalent in MFC
And if you were to not use below you would use OnKeyDown, OnKeyUp etc.

Quote:

> >If I was to implement a text editor using the MFCAppWizard (EXE), how
> >would someone implement cin and cout for reading in characters from the
> >keyboard and displaying them to the window, respectively?

> You don't have to worry about any of that low-level keyboard stuff if you
> use a CEditView or CRichEditView.  See the topic "Derived View Classes" in
> the online Visual C++ Programmer's Guide.

> John

George Mills

http://www.softronix.com

Sun, 30 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 cin equivalent in MFC
Take a look at the free text editor samples Microsoft gives you.  It
is on the MSDN and the help file  They are called "WordPad" and
"MULTIPAD"

Charles Steinhardt[MVP]
(To Email: remove NO_SPAM_NO from return address)

Sat, 06 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 cin equivalent in MFC

  Well,
  You could inherit your 'view' class from CEditView, and then it would
  automatically provide the caret, and prompt. You have to look up some
  sample code on this. I have used this method in the past.

Quote:

> All:

> If I was to implement a text editor using the MFCAppWizard (EXE), how
> would someone implement cin and cout for reading in characters from the
> keyboard and displaying them to the window, respectively?

> Thank you in advance,

> C-Lo

Mon, 08 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. cin equivalent in MFC

2. C equivalent of C++'s cin.get()

3. std::cin equivalent in win32 app (newbie)

4. kbhit() equivalent for cin

5. cin.getline and cin.get

6. cin.getline (and cin >> buffer) problem

7. cin >> , cin.getline

8. C++/MFC equivalent of the VB DoEvents() command

9. MFC TRACE MACRO equivalent in C

10. Equivalent MFC function for ATL CWindow::GetDlgControl

11. ATL equivalent of MFC PreCreateWindow

12. MFC equivalent to ATL FinalContruct and FinalRelease