UpdataData()"how to update"
Author Message
 UpdataData()"how to update"

when you do UpdateData. I believe it updates all the member variables.  what
i need is to for example .  just update one of the variables at a time and
never more than one. so that i can do some checking on the information..

thanks in advance..

thanks again.

Sun, 12 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 UpdataData()"how to update"
a) Associate a control variable with your control (not only a variable
holding the value).
Then you can use the UpdateData() member function of the control.
Or b) Get the control with the help of GetDlgItem(), and than use the
UpdateData()
member function:
CEdit *itemP = GetDlgItem (MY_EDIT_ID);
itemP->UpdateData ();

--
Dirk Bohnemeyer
p.s. For e-mail remove one of the 'o's from my address.

>when you do UpdateData. I believe it updates all the member variables.
what
>i need is to for example .  just update one of the variables at a time and
>never more than one. so that i can do some checking on the information..

>thanks in advance..

>thanks again.

Sun, 12 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 UpdataData()"how to update"
  You can also use the GetWindowText(...) and SetWindowText(...) Win32 API
functions. In my opinion, this is EASIER than using UpdateData, since you
don't have to remember whether to pass TRUE or FALSE. Also, it removes the
overhead of the UpdataData function. (As a side note, I think Microsoft
complicated Windows programming with MFC, so it is advisable to use straight
Win32 API unless an MFC function REALLY DOES ease things.)

--
Jessie
"With great power comes great responsibility"

Quote:

>when you do UpdateData. I believe it updates all the member variables.
what
>i need is to for example .  just update one of the variables at a time and
>never more than one. so that i can do some checking on the information..

>thanks in advance..

>thanks again.

Sun, 12 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 UpdataData()"how to update"

Quote:
>(As a side note, I think Microsoft
>complicated Windows programming with MFC, so it is advisable to use
straight
>Win32 API unless an MFC function REALLY DOES ease things.)

Spoken like a true Win32 SDK programmer!    8^)

--
Dave Smith
MCSE, MCT, MVP

Please post responses, I cannot reply to individual mail

Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. UpdataData()"how to update"

2. UpdataData()"how to update"

3. Closing shorter "updated" files

4. Q: Error message "Multiple rows updated"???

5. ODBC: "Multiple rows were updated" ERROR

6. CRecordset's Update seems "delayed"

7. "Update All Dependencies" missing

8. "Update All Dependencies" missing

9. Combo Box "Update"

10. (Updating "Add/Remove Programs" ListBox)

11. update "other" buttons during calculation

12. VS .NET "Windows Component Update"