Multiple Lines of text on an edit box (newbie)
Author Message
 Multiple Lines of text on an edit box (newbie)

Hello
Here's my problem :
I want to output text in an edit box , so I have it connected with a CString
variable.
The problem is that I want to output text in multiple lines.
I tried using  \n inside the string but it didn't work.
Could anybody help me?
George

Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Multiple Lines of text on an edit box (newbie)

Quote:

> Hello
> Here's my problem :
> I want to output text in an edit box , so I have it connected with a CString
> variable.
> The problem is that I want to output text in multiple lines.
> I tried using  \n inside the string but it didn't work.
> Could anybody help me?
> George

    Make sure you have the ES_MULTILINE property enabled and use \r\n (CR & LF)
in your string to go to a new line...

Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Multiple Lines of text on an edit box (newbie)
You have to make your edit control multiline and use \r\n instead of \n.

Quote:
>Hello
>Here's my problem :
>I want to output text in an edit box , so I have it connected with a
CString
>variable.
>The problem is that I want to output text in multiple lines.
>I tried using  \n inside the string but it didn't work.
>Could anybody help me?
>George

Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Multiple Lines of text on an edit box (newbie)
Thank you very much :-)

Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Multiple Lines of text on an edit box (newbie)

Quote:
>You have to make your edit control multiline and use \r\n instead of \n.

What happens if you don't use the \r?  I used simple a simple \n in a
RichEdit and it seemed OK.

- Brendan

Mon, 20 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Multiple Lines of text on an edit box (newbie)
RichEdit manage, wheread the standard edit displays a non-printable
(normally a small box - depending on the font).

Johan Rosengren
Responable Informatique
PACTA S.A.

Quote:
>What happens if you don't use the \r?  I used simple a simple \n in a
>RichEdit and it seemed OK.

Mon, 20 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Multiple Lines of text on an edit box (newbie)

2. Displaying Multiple lines in EDIT box

3. Multiple line in an edit box

4. Readonly Edit box, multiple lines

5. Multiple Line Edit Box

6. How can I send more than one line of text to Edit Box control

7. How can I send more than one line of text to Edit Box control

8. Making last line of text first visible in edit box

9. How can I send more than one line of text to Edit Box control

10. Making last line of text first visible in edit box

11. Wrapping text in text box or edit box

12. multiple-line CEdit set multi-line text