Use a dialog box to open a doc/view menu (in tree view)
Author Message
 Use a dialog box to open a doc/view menu (in tree view)

Hi all..

I'm new to MFC and doc/view. Heck I'm new to C++ design. But I'm currently trying
to start a project with a dialog box. When the user press a button, it would open
a tree view menu in doc/view format (After process a bunch of data using methods
in the doc class). I can create doc/view tree menu with VC++ AppWizard and I also
can create a dialog box with AppWizard. But how do I create a dialog box with a
button that would open a tree menu with doc/view form??? I was thinking of
creating two separate projects (one with a dialog box and another with the tree
menu) and attempt to connect the two together (which sounds like a messy job).
But I believe that there should be a way in VC++ and MFC for me to add a piece of
code that would create a document/view tree view menu once a button is pressed.
Thank you for the assistance in advance. (I was even thinking of putting the
dialog box and the tree view in two projects in a space but I figure that it
won't be a good way of doing it).

Peter

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:09:42 GMT

1. use a dialog button to open a doc/view menu (In tree view)

2. Newbie: Opening CFormViews without using Doc/View

3. How to Assign the Work to Dynamically created Menus while using Doc View Arch

4. Getting 2nd Doc/View data from 1st Doc/View

5. Dialog box with Doc/View

6. Trapping Menu ID (command) and Grabbing Menu label in Doc/View

7. Problem with ICON for doc using doc/view.

8. Using a form view as a dialog box

9. Help with Tree Control in Doc/View

10. Using CFormView without using doc/view

11. Help with Tree Control in Doc/View

12. Problems in view switching in Explorer style MFC Doc/View