Start-up
Author Message
 Start-up

Hi,

I'm building a GUI, connected to external hardware, using
the AppWizard MDI option.  My GUI, looking a bit like
Windows Explorer, will have

- two (static) split views
- (hor. and vert.) scrolling in both views
- dialog (tree control) resource in left hand view
- form view in the right hand view
- menus
-  file (e.g. text) editing (new/open/close)
- multithreading (unsolicited messages from h/w)
- dialog/message boxes for feedback to the user

It appears I will have to use at least the following classes
- CSplitterWnd
- CScrollView
- CFormView
- CEditView
- CArchive
- CFile
- CWinThread

But in Step 6 of the AppWizard which base class should
I select to start with?   All the above, except for CArchive,
CFile and CWinThread, are all part of CView.  Although
I think they all fall under CObject.  Whats the best path to
follow to start off.  Any general hints on pitfalls further
along the line would be much appreciated!

 Thanks in advance,  Anwar

Sun, 27 Jul 2003 21:53:36 GMT
 Start-up
Anwar,

AppWhiz lets you generate an Explorer-type application to begin with. In Step
5, choose "Windows Explorer" instead of the default "MFC Standard"  It will
then let you choose a view type for both the Left and "regular" views.

Quote:

> I'm building a GUI, connected to external hardware, using
> the AppWizard MDI option.  My GUI, looking a bit like
> Windows Explorer, will have
> [snip]
> But in Step 6 of the AppWizard which base class should
> I select to start with?

Jim [VC/MFC MVP]
To send mail, change spam-me-not to msn

Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:06:54 GMT

1. Need Alt Com dll that starts at system startup

2. Help: forcifully logoff user and start programs in startup folder

3. Auto-start application at windows StartUp

4. Help needed!!! - Making the startup dialog box invisible at startup.

5. Startup window

6. console application takes 12 minutes to startup

7. New .NET startup in Budapest, Hungary

8. Extremenly slow startup of VC's IDE

9. Application Startup problem??

10. Startup Group how to Add Programm

11. Very long startup times

12. Detecting launch from Startup directory