Floating dialog in SDI app
Author Message
 Floating dialog in SDI app

Hi,

In my SDI app...I'd like to have a floating dialog that appears at startup
and sticks around while the app is running.  It displays some text that is
selected from a list box in a different dialog box.  I tried making it a
member of my FrameWnd class but can't get the list box in the other dialog
class to work with it.  I don't know exactly where to put this, should I
make it a member of the global app class?  Or somewhere else?  Thanks.

Sun, 30 Mar 2003 10:53:14 GMT
 Floating dialog in SDI app
Try to put this code under init() of app.
CYourDlgClass dlg;
dlg.DoModal();
before return true;

Quote:
> Hi,

> In my SDI app...I'd like to have a floating dialog that appears at startup
> and sticks around while the app is running.  It displays some text that is
> selected from a list box in a different dialog box.  I tried making it a
> member of my FrameWnd class but can't get the list box in the other dialog
> class to work with it.  I don't know exactly where to put this, should I
> make it a member of the global app class?  Or somewhere else?  Thanks.

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dialog box pop-up - SDI vs. MDI apps

2. Visual C++ : Passing values from a Dialog to Doucument/View in an SDI app

3. Dialog item in an SDI app

4. SDI app with modeless and modal dialog z-order probs

5. Modeless dialog in a SDI app.

6. Dialog box pop-ups - SDI vs. MDI apps

7. HELP: Need SDI app with dialog background

8. Modeless dialog launched from and SDI App.

9. Floating ToolBar in Dialog App

10. Doc-View SDI App --> Dialog App ?

11. Doc-View SDI App --> Dialog App ?

12. Can i make an MDI app look like a SDI/Dialog App?