How can i display datapoints in a view as quick as possible!
Author Message
 How can i display datapoints in a view as quick as possible!

Hello,

at first sorry about my miserable english ! But it's not my foreign
language !

Ok here i goes !

i have to write an application in VC++ that handles about the
Visualisation of
Time and Frequencysignals ! Therefore i have to build a view class that
can draw all Signalspounts (more then 100000) in an view.
When i write it with normal DC functions it needs about 2Minutes for
Displaying and is also not quick enough for redrawing !

Can somebody help me ?

Cu
Ralf

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can i display datapoints in a view as quick as possible!
Hello Ralf,

you can find at www.codeguru.com a realtime-plot-class that works reliable
and could be fast enough for you. If i remember right, you find it at
'misc'.

cu,
Stefan.

Ralf Neugebauer schrieb in Nachricht

Quote:
>Hello,
>i have to write an application in VC++ that handles about the
>Visualisation of
>Time and Frequencysignals ! Therefore i have to build a view class that
>can draw all Signalspounts (more then 100000) in an view.
>When i write it with normal DC functions it needs about 2Minutes for
>Displaying and is also not quick enough for redrawing !

Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can i display datapoints in a view as quick as possible!

muenster.de says...

> i have to write an application in VC++ that handles about the
> Visualisation of Time and Frequencysignals ...

I am trying to do the same sort of thing (do fft on sound card line input
an display waveform and fft).

Quote:
> ! Therefore i have to build a view class that
> can draw all Signalspounts (more then 100000) in an view.
> When i write it with normal DC functions it needs about 2Minutes for
> Displaying and is also not quick enough for redrawing !

look at the freq program at http://www.relisoft.com/index.htm

I have some code that draws into an off screen bitmap and then does a
blit. I can send you the sample code if you like. this is much faster,
but is still slow due to setPixel call (with a few thousand points). you
can do it faster if you use a dib section, then you can grovel in the
bits yourself. see
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556156693/qid%3D923787018/002-
0319401-9038259 - if you can find a copy (I have a copy, but its out of
print). maybe direct draw would be even faster (don't know).

hth
--
Ray (will hack java for food) http://home.pacbell.net/rtayek/
hate Spam? http://www.blighty.com/products/spade/

Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Quick view and full view in SDI application

2. Possible to have a view in a view?

3. mschart datapoints???URGENTE

4. How to display 2nd view, when clicked on 1st view

5. quick n easy display : StretchDIBits , SetDIBits ...??

6. Displaying quick windows

7. Displaying a quick message

8. Determining what canned preprocessor symbols are available

9. Quick View - How?

11. Help with compiling a "canned" program

12. Canned Dialogs