How to make main frame in WS_THICKFRAME style and disable resizing
Author Message
 How to make main frame in WS_THICKFRAME style and disable resizing

Hello Everyone:

Does anyone know how to make the main frame in the thick style (with three
small diagonal lines at the right-lower corner of the main frame, usually it
is for resizing), and yet at the same time disable the resizing.

Thanks
Fei

Tue, 05 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make main frame in WS_THICKFRAME style and disable resizing

Excuse me if I got you wrong, but if I understand what you want correctly,
the answer is, You shouldn't.

Using a resizable frame for a non resizable window will end up confusing the
user, who will probably end up wasting time trying to resize the damn
window, only  he doesn't know he can't.

Tomas Restrepo

Quote:

>Hello Everyone:

>Does anyone know how to make the main frame in the thick style (with three
>small diagonal lines at the right-lower corner of the main frame, usually
it
>is for resizing), and yet at the same time disable the resizing.

>Thanks
>Fei

Tue, 05 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make main frame in WS_THICKFRAME style and disable resizing

Quote:

>Hello Everyone:

>Does anyone know how to make the main frame in the thick style (with three
>small diagonal lines at the right-lower corner of the main frame, usually
it
>is for resizing), and yet at the same time disable the resizing.

Override OnGetMinMaxInfo() to return your fixed size as the min & max size.
This will target user sizing. You should disable programmatic sizing (like a
MDITile() menu item)

But as Tomas says, your proposition is an imm{*filter*}one ;o) One excuse I can
think of is if you provide another functionality that is equivalent to
resizing the frame with the mouse.

cU
--

    http://www.*-*-*.com/
Retriever 1.1 is out: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Shareware image viewer, thumbnailer & database

Thu, 07 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to make main frame in WS_THICKFRAME style and disable resizing

2. Making a main(frame)window without a border and caption (just white)

3. Making a main(frame)window without a border

4. Resizing a modeless dialog within the main frame window

5. Resizing the main frame of a CFormView

6. Newbie: Disable Dialog Frame Resize

7. Main Frame Style

8. main GUI thread -vs- Main Frame Thread

9. resizing frame

10. VC(6) makes funny stack frame (Q)

11. Notification of main frame created

12. Override "X" in main frame