Problem with TreeView
Author Message
 Problem with TreeView

Env: Win95/98, VC++ 5.0 & 6.0 SP2

Hi,

I'm facing a very strange problem with a tree view control that I'm using in a
project. The bitmaps used in the treeview are all 256 colour bitmaps. If I use a
colour depth of 256-colours then the tree control shows these bitmaps in only
16-colours!! They come up in 256-colours only if I set the depth to 16-bit or
mode.

Why is this ?

I've tried all those ILC_ modes with any success, and since they work in 16-bit
mode why should they not work in 256-colour mode when the bitmaps are using only
256-colours.

Just as an example, orange comes up as yellow. DevStudio shows these bitmaps
perfectly when using the resource editor even in 256-colour mode.

Has anyone faced this problem? Does anyone know a solution for this ?

Waiting for an early reply.
Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

Anuj Seth

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with TreeView
In the future, please try to post only to relevant groups...

As far as I know, if you're running on a system configured for 256 color
display (from the Control Panel), you have to first realize the proper
palette that contains all the colors you'll be needing to draw your bitmap
(i.e. all bitmaps must use the same palette for best appearance).  You don't
need to do this with color modes greater than 256 though.

- Anti_Snoop
http://www.snoopsoft.com

Quote:
>Env: Win95/98, VC++ 5.0 & 6.0 SP2

>Hi,

>I'm facing a very strange problem with a tree view control that I'm using
in a
>project. The bitmaps used in the treeview are all 256 colour bitmaps. If I
use a
>colour depth of 256-colours then the tree control shows these bitmaps in
only
>16-colours!! They come up in 256-colours only if I set the depth to 16-bit
or
>mode.

>Why is this ?

>I've tried all those ILC_ modes with any success, and since they work in
16-bit
>mode why should they not work in 256-colour mode when the bitmaps are using
only
>256-colours.

>Just as an example, orange comes up as yellow. DevStudio shows these
bitmaps
>perfectly when using the resource editor even in 256-colour mode.

>Has anyone faced this problem? Does anyone know a solution for this ?

>Waiting for an early reply.
>Thanks in advance.

>With Regards,

>Anuj Seth