check client file in webpage
Author Message
 check client file in webpage

Hi,
I installed my application (vc++ Exe file) in my clients computers.
They need to download data file from my website enable to run the
application.

Can I check if someone did NOT install my application before he download
the data file from my website?
Any javascript can do?

thanks a lot,
larry

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 06:33:22 GMT
 check client file in webpage

Quote:

>Hi,
>I installed my application (vc++ Exe file) in my clients computers.
>They need to download data file from my website enable to run the
>application.

>Can I check if someone did NOT install my application before he download
>the data file from my website?
>Any javascript can do?

No, JavaScript can absolutely *not* do. Client-side JavaScript has
*no* access to the client's file system. You could do something like
this from an ActiveX control, but that's not really a solution.

You could approximate what you want to do by having the page that
downloads your app set a persistent cookie. Then you could check for
that cookie (and maybe renew it) before trying to invoke your
application.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 21:24:19 GMT

1. check client file in webpage

2. Calling another WebPage within a WebPage

3. webpage to webpage

4. File io problems with NT Server + Win95 Client + MAC client

5. Checking For data in Client

6. How to check whether remoting client is valid

7. Check the file size and number symbols in a file using C in Unix

8. EOF file checking for Txt file

9. File I/O - Checking to see if file is in use

10. Posting Data to a Webpage through a WebForm

11. Terse C WebPage

12. How to get webpage from IE