Using CScrollView class in ActiveX control
Author Message
 Using CScrollView class in ActiveX control

Hi,
Can we use CScrollView MFC class in an ActiveX control development without a
CDocument class associated with it? I want to take advantage of CScrollView
flicker-free and other scrolling related features.

Regards,
RS

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:46:13 GMT
 Using CScrollView class in ActiveX control
Hi Ratan,

You can ignore the functionality of the document and create the CScrollView
as necessary. To create the CScrollView derived class dynamically, you can
use CRuntimeClass:

Here is a code snippet for your reference:

CMyView *view;
CRuntimeClass *runtime;

runtime = RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyView);
view = (CMyView *)(runtime->CreateObject());
view->Create( ...)

For more information about accessing runtime class information:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/_core_cobject_c...
_.accessing_run.2d.time_class_information.asp

Note: The URL may wrap.

For more information about creating ActiveX control that has a doc-view,
please check the article below:

http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0497/mfc.asp

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Leo Chen

--------------------

| Subject: Using CScrollView class in ActiveX control
| Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:16:13 +0530

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc.docview
|
| Hi,
| Can we use CScrollView MFC class in an ActiveX control development
without a
| CDocument class associated with it? I want to take advantage of
CScrollView
| flicker-free and other scrolling related features.
|
| Regards,
| RS

Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:10:52 GMT
 Using CScrollView class in ActiveX control
Hi Chen,
Thanks a lot for your help, it works now.

Regards,
RATAN SEN

Quote:
> Hi Ratan,

> You can ignore the functionality of the document and create the
CScrollView
> as necessary. To create the CScrollView derived class dynamically, you can
> use CRuntimeClass:

> Here is a code snippet for your reference:

> CMyView *view;
> CRuntimeClass *runtime;

> runtime = RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyView);
> view = (CMyView *)(runtime->CreateObject());
> view->Create( ...)

> For more information about accessing runtime class information:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/_core_cobject_c...

> _.accessing_run.2d.time_class_information.asp

> Note: The URL may wrap.

> For more information about creating ActiveX control that has a doc-view,
> please check the article below:

> http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0497/mfc.asp

> Hope this helps.

> Best Regards,
> Leo Chen

rights.

> --------------------

> | Subject: Using CScrollView class in ActiveX control
> | Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:16:13 +0530

> | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc.docview
> |
> | Hi,
> | Can we use CScrollView MFC class in an ActiveX control development
> without a
> | CDocument class associated with it? I want to take advantage of
> CScrollView
> | flicker-free and other scrolling related features.
> |
> | Regards,
> | RS

Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:14:54 GMT
 Using CScrollView class in ActiveX control
Good article, also helpful to me !

Thanks!
Baker

Quote:
> Hi Ratan,

> You can ignore the functionality of the document and create the CScrollView
> as necessary. To create the CScrollView derived class dynamically, you can
> use CRuntimeClass:

> Here is a code snippet for your reference:

> CMyView *view;
> CRuntimeClass *runtime;

> runtime = RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyView);
> view = (CMyView *)(runtime->CreateObject());
> view->Create( ...)

> For more information about accessing runtime class information:

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/_core_cobject_c...
> _.accessing_run.2d.time_class_information.asp

> Note: The URL may wrap.

> For more information about creating ActiveX control that has a doc-view,
> please check the article below:

> http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0497/mfc.asp

> Hope this helps.

> Best Regards,
> Leo Chen

> --------------------

> | Subject: Using CScrollView class in ActiveX control
> | Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:16:13 +0530

> | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc.docview
> |
> | Hi,
> | Can we use CScrollView MFC class in an ActiveX control development
> without a
> | CDocument class associated with it? I want to take advantage of
> CScrollView
> | flicker-free and other scrolling related features.
> |
> | Regards,
> | RS

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:32:07 GMT

1. Key/tab problems using VB ActiveX controls in MFC CView and derived classes or PropertyPage

2. Using ActiveX viewer in CScrollView app ?

3. Using ActiveX viewer in CScrollView app ?

4. CScrollView doesn't work with ActiveX controls!?!?

5. CScrollView in ActiveX Control

6. Hosting ActiveX controls in a CScrollView problems

7. Developing mfc activex control and using ActiveX SDK-question

8. Problem using VB 5 activex DLL in a VC++ activex control

9. Using a CScrollView in an Active-X control?

10. Using a CScrollView in an Active-X control?

11. Control wizard generating wrapper classes for ActiveX controls...

12. putting classes/controls in my activex control