Reference counting
Author Message
 Reference counting

Hello,
I have a MID application.
I would like to know how many people have done a getobject on
documents from my document class.

The m_dwRef var seems to be worthless.

I can get the first time someone does a getobject, it runs through the
OnOpenDocument.

The other times(second time and on) I believe it just gets the document out
of the ROT.

The other times I see a lot of calls to the CCmdTarget::ExternalAddRef and
CCmdTarget::InternalRelease area.

Is there some way of subclassing somethig to get 1 kick for each time
someone gets the
object and 1 time for when it gets released?

Or does anyone know of a var that correctly holds the reference count?

thanks in advance,
BVp

Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. .NET Reference counting not working?

2. Reference Counting

3. resource reference count under fork()

4. reference counting problem

5. Reference counting

6. Reference count problem in singleton container

7. CreateInstance reference count

8. debug com_ptr_t reference counts

9. reference counting on embedded object

10. Questions about reference counting

11. Understanding reference counts on com objects passed across processes

12. newbie::IDispatch reference count?