Static_Cast, anything better than itoa
Author Message
 Static_Cast, anything better than itoa

Question.
i have used static_cast under in c++ is there the same sort  in
Visual C++ part of the MFC.. I have heard of   itoa() but is there anything
better.. similar to static_cast() that is used in the windows enviroment.

thanks in advance..

thanks again.

Sun, 12 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Static_Cast, anything better than itoa
Hi,
    Yes, static_cast<>() is usable in MFC.  You can also use the standard C
casting syntax.  Ex: int i;  short j;  j = (short)i;
    _itoa() is a completely different concept.  It is meant to convert integers
to character strings.  This cannot be done with static_cast<>().  If "better"
than _itoa() means using numbers larger than an int, you can use the functions
_i64toa() or _ui64toa() which convert signed and unsigned 64-bit integers to
character strings.

John

Quote:

> Question.
> i have used static_cast under in c++ is there the same sort  in
> Visual C++ part of the MFC.. I have heard of   itoa() but is there anything
> better.. similar to static_cast() that is used in the windows enviroment.

> thanks in advance..

> thanks again.

Sun, 12 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Static_Cast, anything better than itoa

2. Static_Cast, anything better than itoa

3. Something/Anything better than rand ?

4. Anything better than graph32.ocx ?

5. Is there anything better than mfc out there?

6. static_cast<>, VC7, Comeau C/C++ 4.3.0.1

7. NMHEADER in static_cast

8. crash in static_cast interface to class

9. please explain:T* pT = static_cast<T*>(this)......,does not call virtual function

10. static_cast tio IDispatch is ambiguos

11. Ambiguous static_cast in ATL and hiding the uuid

12. static_cast