Continuous MDI background transparency
Author Message
 Continuous MDI background transparency

Does anyone know how to make an MDI (CMDIFrameWnd) background remain
transparent (but not the Child Windows) even while dragging the MDI window
around the desktop?

 I tried using the WS_EX_TRANSPARENT extended style setting, but this works
only one time (a snapshot of what was behind the MDI window before it
appeared). I need this transparency to occur as long as the MDI window is
displayed because I'll be monitoring other applications running behind the
MDI window.

Your help would be appreciated.

-Bob

Fri, 28 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Continuous MDI background transparency
Robert,

Offhand,  I would  try to override OnCtrlColor with:

        hbr = (HBRUSH)GetStockObject(NULL_BRUSH);
        pDC->SetBkMode(TRANSPARENT);
        return hbr;

Charles Steinhardt[MVP]
(To Email: remove NO_SPAM_NO from return address)

Sat, 06 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CStatic Control, Flickering, Transparency and Background

2. Background on MDI container

3. Change mdi background during runtime

4. Background Image for MDI parent wondow?

5. bitmap background for MDI child

6. Bitmap image in background of MDI Main Window

7. Bitmapped Background - MDI Application

8. Background Bitmap in MDI-window

9. Client (MDI) background brush changing?

10. Background color 'empty' MDI-mainframe

11. MDI Client Area - Setting a bitmap as background(streched) using MFC

12. Background color of Main Window in MDI app...