Conflict touch screen - mouse for multiple displays application
Author Message
 Conflict touch screen - mouse for multiple displays application

Hello,

I'm french, sorry for my English ;-)

For my training course, I must develop a program with Visual C++ which
displays a graphical interface on the main screen but on the other part must
capture informations from the second screen (a touch screen) plugged to the
PC via a Microtouch PCI card.

Here is my configuration : 2 screens (normal screen + touch screen) + mouse
+ keyboard + Windows 98.

My touh screen is automatically recognized by Windows (no problemo here).
:-)

I know how to develop multiple displays application with Visual C++, here is
not my problem.

I know that when we press the touch screen, usually, the event generated is
similar to the event generated by the mouse button : it's for example the
case with Pocket PC on Windows CE with eVC+ but here there isn't mouse. In
my configuration, I would like to use the events generated by the mouse AND
the "mouse-like" events generated by the touch screen.

Here is my question :
Can the touch screen generate "mouse-like" events even if my mouse is
installed ? or only the mouse is able to generate this events when they are
both installed ?

If it can, how to know if this events are mouse ones or touch screen ones ?

Thank you for your assistance.

Tue, 08 Nov 2005 03:27:49 GMT

1. Conflict touch screen - mouse for multiple displays application

2. Conflict touch screen - mouse for multiple displays application

3. Conflict touch screen - mouse for multiple displays application

4. mouse & touch screen

5. C# Focus Issues - Touch Screen - User Controls - Button Control - TextBox

6. Q: Touch screen help needed.

7. Touch screen

8. MFC ComboBoxes and Touch-Screen Problem

9. touch sensitive screen

10. MFC class lib's for touch screen point of sales

11. how to switch off focus bitmap on buttons for touch screen app

12. Trapping events / touch screen