How to change MDI doc title at runtime ?
Author Message
 How to change MDI doc title at runtime ?

Hello
I've a MDI application and would like to change the titles of the child docs
at runtime to display some status information text there.
The default string defined within the recource file should therefore be
changed, but the CDocTemplate Class has no member function to do so at
runtime, doesn't it ?
Is there a way to solve the problem?

Thank's for help
Stefan Knochenhauer
ESS Development AG
Enggisteinstrasse 77
CH-3076 Worb
tel  +41 31 838 34 25
fax +41 31 838 34 35

www.ess.ch

Sat, 29 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to change MDI doc title at runtime ?
cs.style &= (~FWS_ADDTOTITLE);   in
CChildFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs)

pFrame->SetWindowText("Your title here");  when you make the view.

If I read your question correctly.

Quote:
> Hello
> I've a MDI application and would like to change the titles of the child
docs
> at runtime to display some status information text there.
> The default string defined within the recource file should therefore be
> changed, but the CDocTemplate Class has no member function to do so at
> runtime, doesn't it ?
> Is there a way to solve the problem?

> Thank's for help
> Stefan Knochenhauer
> ESS Development AG
> Enggisteinstrasse 77
> CH-3076 Worb
> tel  +41 31 838 34 25
> fax +41 31 838 34 35

> www.ess.ch

Sat, 29 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to change MDI doc title at runtime ?
Depends exactly what you want to do.  Try overriding OnUpdateFrameTitle in
the frame class.

Sat, 29 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Changing your title in a MFC doc/view SDI app

2. changing the title of a dialog at runtime

3. Changing the CDialog title at runtime

4. Changing the title of a CDialog class at runtime

5. Changing App Title at Runtime

6. really having trouble changing MDI window title

7. How to change TITLE of MDI-Child ???

8. Child windows from an MDI - Title changing

9. Change MDI view title....

10. Change MDI Child title

11. Change title of Child window in MDI app

12. Dynamically changing main window title bar for an MDI app