MSVC 4.2 ClassWizard will not create new class
Author Message
 MSVC 4.2 ClassWizard will not create new class

Hi

I looked for this in the KB but didn't find anything to explain this.

I go to ClassWizard and try creating a new class derived from CTreeView.  I
click on "Add Class" button and enter "CNewsgroupView" as the new class
name.  I select CTreeView as the base class.  I hit "Create" and get the
error-

"Cannot create one or more of the new class's files.  One or more of the
file names specified (NewsgroupView.h, NewsgroupView.cpp) may be invalid."

After which, I tried creating other new classes with different filenames
and different classes, but they all returned the same error.  Other than
this, I'm not getting any other problems with MSVC.

Did I find a known bug?  Any help appreciated.

Fernando

Wed, 24 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MSVC 4.2 ClassWizard will not create new class

HEHE

I closed MSVC and re-ran it.  It solved the problem.  Nevermind...........

Fernando :-)

Quote:
> Hi

> I looked for this in the KB but didn't find anything to explain this.

> I go to ClassWizard and try creating a new class derived from CTreeView.
> click on "Add Class" button and enter "CNewsgroupView" as the new class
> name.  I select CTreeView as the base class.  I hit "Create" and get the
> error-

> "Cannot create one or more of the new class's files.  One or more of the
> file names specified (NewsgroupView.h, NewsgroupView.cpp) may be
invalid."

> After which, I tried creating other new classes with different filenames
> and different classes, but they all returned the same error.  Other than
> this, I'm not getting any other problems with MSVC.

> Did I find a known bug?  Any help appreciated.

> Fernando

Wed, 24 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. new problem with msvc 4.2 and odbc recordset

2. How to NOT use OLE (cannot compile program after upgrading to MSVC 4.2)

3. Create new class using classWizard

4. Problem creating new classes with ClassWizard

5. Question about creating a new class using ClassWizard

6. New class not appearing in classwizard

7. "New Class: Base Class" (Classwizard)

8. Help needed in creating new classes - not based on anything MFC

9. MSVC 4.2 Problems (MFC/non MFC)

10. Changes between MSVC 4.2 and 5.0

11. using breakpoints MSVC 4.2

12. problem with alignment of struct member datas (MSVC 4.2)