HELP NEEDED Command line error D2022
Author Message
 HELP NEEDED Command line error D2022

Environment: NT 4 / Win95, SP3, VC++4.2

Hi,

When trying to compileon my WIN95 machine, I am always getting the
same error:

--------------------Configuration: BVD - Win32
Release--------------------
Compiling...
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 10.20.6166 for
80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-1996. All rights reserved.

Command line error D2022 : cannot open 'D:\TEMP'
Error executing cl.exe.
Bvd.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

which means

Command-line Error D2022

cannot open 'messagefile'
The given file was not in the current directory or in a directory
specified in the PATH environment variable. The message file contains
a brief summary of compiler command-line syntax and options.
Move this file to the current directory or a directory in the current
path. If this file cannot be found, run the SETUP program to copy it
from the distribution disks.

I've found the file Cl32.msg in my c:\msdev\bin directory and made
sure that this directory is include in the PATH, but things seems
still not to work.
I even copied the message-file to the d:\temp directory, but nothing
works.

Thanks in advance.

Bart Van Daele

Bart Van Daele
Software Development Engineer
BARCO n.v. / Communication Systems
Tel. +32 56 233 169

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP NEEDED Command line error D2022

says...
TRY
SET TEMP=D:\TEMP
or SET TMP=D:\TEMP
or in MS-DOS Prompt run vcvars.bat file
Quote:
> Environment: NT 4 / Win95, SP3, VC++4.2

> Hi,

> When trying to compileon my WIN95 machine, I am always getting the
> same error:

> --------------------Configuration: BVD - Win32
> Release--------------------
> Compiling...
> Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 10.20.6166 for
> 80x86
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-1996. All rights reserved.

> Command line error D2022 : cannot open 'D:\TEMP'
> Error executing cl.exe.
> Bvd.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

> which means

> Command-line Error D2022

> cannot open 'messagefile'
> The given file was not in the current directory or in a directory
> specified in the PATH environment variable. The message file contains
> a brief summary of compiler command-line syntax and options.
> Move this file to the current directory or a directory in the current
> path. If this file cannot be found, run the SETUP program to copy it
> from the distribution disks.

> I've found the file Cl32.msg in my c:\msdev\bin directory and made
> sure that this directory is include in the PATH, but things seems
> still not to work.
> I even copied the message-file to the d:\temp directory, but nothing
> works.

> Thanks in advance.

> Bart Van Daele

> Bart Van Daele
> Software Development Engineer
> BARCO n.v. / Communication Systems
> Tel. +32 56 233 169

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP NEEDED :Command line error D2022

2. Command line error D2022

3. Command line error D2022

4. Command line compilation error-need iostream include

5. HELP Visual Studio 97 Error : D2022 and LNK1104

6. Help on error D2022

7. need help with command line arguments

8. Help: Command line error D2003

9. preventing the logo and command line from being printed during command line build

10. Mysterious D2022 error resolved

11. Visual Studio Linker Error D2022

12. Command-line builds: who needs 'em?