How to add a new doc type?
Author Message
 How to add a new doc type?

Hi,

I am trying to create a editor which supports two
document types. Using AppWizard, I created
a full server (without compound document support)
MDI application for the first  type.
For a document type, AppWizard creates 3 classes
derived from COleServerDoc, CEditView and
COleServerItem. Also it add lots of type related
stuff into registry (.reg) file and resource (.rc) file.

Now for the second type, what all should I do?
Since I plan to use the same viewer, can I just
create a new document and add it to the document
template. What all should I add into the registry
file and resource files? I am getting quite confused.

Can sombody please throw some light on this...
Even some pointers to MSDN or VC++ docs would
be very useful.

Thanks,
Sharath Shetty

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to add a new doc type?

2. How to remove certain doc types from the file|new dialog box in MDI apps

3. Add or Create a new Project Type

4. Adding a new file type and langauge?

5. Add new file types?

6. How to add syntax hilighting to new type?

7. How to add a new document type?

8. how copy Doc file to new Doc file?

9. File->New in doc/view doesn't clear doc file name

10. HRESULT return type turns into void when adding class from type library

11. new error message cannot convert type 1 to type 2

12. Adding new View to Doc But without new child window.