How do I make the entire row selectable for a CListCtrl?
Author Message
 How do I make the entire row selectable for a CListCtrl?

By default the rows in my CListCtrl can only be selected by
clicking on the first column.  Does Anybody know how to make
the entire row selectable. I would like the entire column to
be highlighted when it is selected. If anybody knows, I would
appreciate some.

Thanks
Shane

-----------------** -- Posted from CodeGuru -- **-----------------
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;  The website for Visual C++ programmers.

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I make the entire row selectable for a CListCtrl?
There is extended style LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT. Though it works only starting
with ComCtl32.dll version 4.71. You have to make sure that the user of your
application has ComCtl32.dll with version high enough. There is
redistributable file 40comupd.exe on VS6 CD and on the Microsoft web site.

Quote:

>By default the rows in my CListCtrl can only be selected by
>clicking on the first column.  Does Anybody know how to make
>the entire row selectable. I would like the entire column to
>be highlighted when it is selected. If anybody knows, I would
>appreciate some.

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I make the entire row selectable for a CListCtrl?
Actually, version 4.70 of COMCTL32.DLL has this functionality, which requires
either IE 3.0 or NT 4.0 SP3.  You can update the user using 40comupd.exe if
you want.

Quote:

>There is extended style LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT. Though it works only starting
>with ComCtl32.dll version 4.71. You have to make sure that the user of your
>application has ComCtl32.dll with version high enough. There is
>redistributable file 40comupd.exe on VS6 CD and on the Microsoft web site.

>>By default the rows in my CListCtrl can only be selected by
>>clicking on the first column.  Does Anybody know how to make
>>the entire row selectable. I would like the entire column to
>>be highlighted when it is selected. If anybody knows, I would
>>appreciate some.

Andy Yee                   Corporate E-Mail:    See Above
Software Engineer          Coporate Web Page:   http://www.jasc.com

                           Personal Web Page:   http://www.visi.com/~nde

Question authority...and the authorities will question YOU!

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I make the entire row selectable for a CListCtrl?
In case you don't want to update all your machines to latest shell, like me,
then check this MSDN sample out:

ROWLIST: Selecting Full Rows in List Views

-K2/GG

Quote:

>By default the rows in my CListCtrl can only be selected by
>clicking on the first column.  Does Anybody know how to make
>the entire row selectable. I would like the entire column to
>be highlighted when it is selected. If anybody knows, I would
>appreciate some.

>Thanks
>Shane

>-----------------** -- Posted from CodeGuru -- **-----------------
>http://www.codeguru.com/    The website for Visual C++ programmers.

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CListCtrl: How to select entire row

2. How to click the entire row in CListCtrl

3. How to click the entire row in CListCtrl

4. CListCtrl and entire row highlighting.

5. How highlight entire row in the CRichEditCtrl

6. how highlight entire row in the CRichEditCtrl

7. howto select / highlight entire row / column of VSFlexGrid ?

8. howto setcheck entire row / column in VSFlexGrid ?

9. How do you highlight an entire listview row?

10. Highlighting entire row in CListView

11. How to select entire row in datagrid

12. ClistCtrl in a dialog, select entire line...