A Simple Problem, Need Help
Author Message
 A Simple Problem, Need Help

Hi, World,

I have a project with CFormView, there is a CEdit box on it. when I open a
dialog,  I changed data, say, a string and save it in the CDocument. Now I
closed the dialog. I would like the string shows up in the CEdit box. I am
sure the string was saved in the CDocument, but I don't know how to inform
the CFormView to updata itself in order to show the string in the edit box
when the dialog is closed.

I tried use my own function to retrieve the string from the CDocument to
the CEdit and call it in OnOK function of the CDialog. It causes a illegal
operation message. It seems simple but I have not idae to solve it.

Could anybody give me a idea?

Thanks a lot.

Jilie

Tue, 14 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 A Simple Problem, Need Help

Quote:

> Hi, World,

> I have a project with CFormView, there is a CEdit box on it. when I open a
> dialog,  I changed data, say, a string and save it in the CDocument. Now I
> closed the dialog. I would like the string shows up in the CEdit box. I am
> sure the string was saved in the CDocument, but I don't know how to inform
> the CFormView to updata itself in order to show the string in the edit box
> when the dialog is closed.

> I tried use my own function to retrieve the string from the CDocument to
> the CEdit and call it in OnOK function of the CDialog. It causes a illegal
> operation message. It seems simple but I have not idae to solve it.

> Could anybody give me a idea?

> Thanks a lot.

> Jilie

After the DoModal call that displays the dialog you probably want to
call GetDocument()->UpdateAllViews().  This is the standard way to get
all views updated when the document has changed.

Wed, 15 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Very Simple Problem - NEED HELP PLEASE

2. Simple problem across processes - need simplest answer

3. Newbie needs help on simple problem

4. Need help on simple problem

5. need help with simple rand problem

6. Help Help, A simple Debugger Problem

7. Need some help in writing a simple C program

8. Need some help in writing a simple C program

9. urgent simple help needed

10. Help about simple painless input needed.

11. Need help with Simple C strings

12. Help... V Simple Questions Need Answering