Accessing an MS-Access database file using Visual C++ 4.0
Author Message
 Accessing an MS-Access database file using Visual C++ 4.0

Hello,

        I am a beginning programmer with C++ and trying to create a small
Windows-based application to replace a console application that I currently
use.  Specifically, I am trying to access a data table in an MS-Access
database file.  I need to run a query and copy selected records into
memory, and then export them to a text file.

        At this point, I have been using C to create a skeleton Windows program
and have not yet explored the MFC library.

        I am looking for some source code (C/C++ with or without MFC) that
demonstrates how to access a data table within an .MDB file, query the
table and then read a record into memory.

Thanks for your patience,
Brad M. Estabrook

Wed, 08 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing an MS-Access database file using Visual C++ 4.0

Check out the DAOVIEW sample program.  It doesn't output the table to a
file, but will show you how to read a mdb file.

Sat, 11 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing an MS-Access database file using Visual C++ 4.0

Assumption:  VC++ 4.2 or better:
It's always a good idea to play with the results of Appwizard generated
projects.
Build one with Database access and play.
Take the other responses and integrate all you can.
I have a book that has helped me: " Special Edition: Using Visual C++ 4.2"
it's a QUE book.  There is a lot of good stuff to gleen from it.
Happy hacking and Good Luck!

Quote:
> Hello,

>    I am a beginning programmer with C++ and trying to create a small
> Windows-based application to replace a console application that I
currently
> use.  Specifically, I am trying to access a data table in an MS-Access
> database file.  I need to run a query and copy selected records into
> memory, and then export them to a text file.

<Snip>
> Thanks for your patience,
> Brad M. Estabrook

Fri, 17 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compact MS Access Database with Visual C++

2. Q: How to access an Access 97 database in Visual C++ 5.0

3. MS Access not working in visual c++ using ODBC

4. Copy Excel data into Access database using ADO for Visual C++

5. Using Access Database in Visual C++ 6.0

6. Accessing MS Access database from a dialog box

7. Accessing MS Access Databases in VC++

8. Accessing cells from Excel file using Visual C++

9. Using DAO classes to connect to secure MS-Access database

10. Problem using DAO to open a secure MS Access database

11. Connecting Ms access database with C++

12. Error Accessing MS-Access using ADO..