inserting more options in a generated MFC project
Author Message
 inserting more options in a generated MFC project

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible ( and if so how ) to change the Menu
generated by a MFC project?

I need to distinctively open two files in a program, so I should have
something like:

File.Open.File1  ( and once the first file is open this option should be
deactivated )

File.Open.File2  ( possible option only after the first file was open )

How do you do this?

Thanks

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 inserting more options in a generated MFC project
Camilo,

Open the IDR_MAINFRAME menu resource of the application. Look at the
properties of the "Open" item on the "File" menu. Change it to be a "popup"
item. Hang a new menu from "Open" with the items "File1" and "File2." Add
logic to your application to keep track of which file is open. Add
UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handlers for these menu items which enable and disable
them according to this application logic.

Dave Smith
MCSE, MCT, MVP

Quote:
> Hi,

> I was wondering if it is possible ( and if so how ) to change the Menu
> generated by a MFC project?

> I need to distinctively open two files in a program, so I should have
> something like:

> File.Open.File1  ( and once the first file is open this option should be
> deactivated )

> File.Open.File2  ( possible option only after the first file was open )

> How do you do this?

> Thanks

Thu, 30 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. inserting more options in a generated MFC project

2. inserting more options in a generated MFC project

3. Optimization option (project release option)

4. BUG with VC7 RC1 with an MFC AppWizard generated CEditView project

5. problem with inserting ocx into mfc project

6. Inserting MS Calendar control into MFC project.

7. Project Settings->OLE Types, Setting Project Options problem

8. Generate Option in VC7

9. insert : Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

10. HOWTO : Insert a property which handles embedded NULL chars in an ACTIVEX generated with VC++ 6.0

11. How to generate a PCMCIA insert Beep???

12. Duplicate Strings Merged (Options|Project|Compiler|Code Generation)