Listview column problem
Author Message
 Listview column problem

I have very strange behavior with listview column format field.
When I insert column in listview I specify LCFMT_LEFT or LCFMT_RIGHT value
in fmt field of LVCOLUMNS structure. LVCF_FMT bit is set in mask field. But
when I retrieve format field I get 0xffffc0000 value for either format
despite  LCFMT_LEFT is defined as 0x00000000 and LCFMT_RIGHT as 0x00000001
I am using NT 4.0

--
Alexander Galkin
Sr.Software Engineer

WWW: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Listview column problem
Alex,

    I'm not 100% sure, but I remember reading that for the first column of a
CListCtrl, regardless of the format field (Left, Right, Justify, etc.), the
column is always Left Justified.  Is this occurring in your first column?
If it's not, then I don't know.  Sorry, but I hope that helps out a little
bit.

Harry J. Devine

Quote:
>I have very strange behavior with listview column format field.
>When I insert column in listview I specify LCFMT_LEFT or LCFMT_RIGHT value
>in fmt field of LVCOLUMNS structure. LVCF_FMT bit is set in mask field. But
>when I retrieve format field I get 0xffffc0000 value for either format
>despite  LCFMT_LEFT is defined as 0x00000000 and LCFMT_RIGHT as 0x00000001
>I am using NT 4.0

>--
>Alexander Galkin
>Sr.Software Engineer
>Audible Inc.

>WWW: http://www.audible.com

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Listview column problem
I get this for any column. I know the most left column must be left
justified. So I would expect to get LCFMT_LEFT always but this doesn't
happen.

Quote:

>Alex,

>    I'm not 100% sure, but I remember reading that for the first column of
>CListCtrl, regardless of the format field (Left, Right, Justify, etc.), the
>column is always Left Justified.  Is this occurring in your first column?
>If it's not, then I don't know.  Sorry, but I hope that helps out a little
>bit.

>Harry J. Devine

>>I have very strange behavior with listview column format field.
>>When I insert column in listview I specify LCFMT_LEFT or LCFMT_RIGHT value
>>in fmt field of LVCOLUMNS structure. LVCF_FMT bit is set in mask field.
But
>>when I retrieve format field I get 0xffffc0000 value for either format
>>despite  LCFMT_LEFT is defined as 0x00000000 and LCFMT_RIGHT as 0x00000001
>>I am using NT 4.0

>>--
>>Alexander Galkin
>>Sr.Software Engineer
>>Audible Inc.

>>WWW: http://www.audible.com

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Listview column problem

2. ListView problems: Displaying a button in a column

3. Listview column header problem

4. Adding columns to ListView after it's been added to a form

5. How to hide/Disable a Column in ListView control C#

6. ListView Sorting by Column

7. how to draw on listview columns

8. Lock column width in ListView?

9. ListView columns and null strings - bug or docs?

10. Sorting a ListView by column?

11. Sorting multi column ListView -code-Any better ideas?

12. ListView.Sort() restores columns order