When to use Doc/View model ???
Author Message
 When to use Doc/View model ???

With what kinds of apps. is doc/view good to use ? Small/Mid/large apps
?
How come the app. wizard in VC 6.0 does setup one doc for multiple views
? Seems it is a very common thing to do. Thanks for any suggestions.
--
El Baron

fax: (630) 982-4265

Fri, 28 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 When to use Doc/View model ???
Hi,
doc/view model is especially useful when organizing code for mid and large
apps. I've heard that someone didn't appreciate this model when writing
small apps; but I think that using it when programming MFC allows us to take
maximum advantage from the framework features (especially when developing a
professional user interface).
Others say that MFC and doc/view obstruct system programming, when you have
to be as close as possible to the target platform. Personally, I don't share
this opinion, and I like developing with MFC and Win32 API together. As a
matter of fact, this is just a point of view!
--Andrea

Quote:

>With what kinds of apps. is doc/view good to use ? Small/Mid/large apps
>?
>How come the app. wizard in VC 6.0 does setup one doc for multiple views
>? Seems it is a very common thing to do. Thanks for any suggestions.
>--
>El Baron

>fax: (630) 982-4265

Tue, 02 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. When to use Doc/View model ???

2. Doc/View model for database applications vs alternates

3. Problem with ICON for doc using doc/view.

4. Getting 2nd Doc/View data from 1st Doc/View

5. Using CFormView without using doc/view

6. Using Rich Edit 3.0 in in a doc/view app

7. How to Assign the Work to Dynamically created Menus while using Doc View Arch

8. Using interface threads in Doc/View app

9. Newbie: Opening CFormViews without using Doc/View

10. using forms without doc & view architecture

11. Help - Using Multiple Forms With Doc/View Architecture

12. Using AppWizard for Non-Doc/View Appl.