HELP NEEDED : Linker problems VC50
Author Message
 HELP NEEDED : Linker problems VC50

Hi,

I'm trying to compile and link a VC50 Dialog Based application, and
keep on getting the following linker error messages :

Linking...
nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator

LIBCMTD.lib(dbgdel.obj)

nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator

defined in LIBCMTD.lib(dbgnew.obj)

Obvously, the linker thinks that I've got a double defined instance of
both the new and delete operator, but how can this happen???? This
message pops up as soon as I try to include a specific cpp file in my
project.

The strange thing is, I can't find the new and delete functions
defined in LIBCMTD.lib!!!!

Fact's about my project :

o Using MFC in a static library
o Using Multithreaded Debug library

I've got the directive : extern "C" at the start of this cpp file. Can
this be the reason for my problems?

Any hints will be greatly appreciated!

Rolf Moholth
Senior Software Engineer
Metering Division, Kongsberg Offshore, FMC
N-3600 KONGSBERG
NORWAY

Sun, 27 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP NEEDED : Linker problems VC50
Check out KB article Q148652
"PRB: LNK2005 Errors When Link C Run-Time Libs Before MFC Libs"

    /Claes

Quote:

>Hi,

>I'm trying to compile and link a VC50 Dialog Based application, and
>keep on getting the following linker error messages :

>Linking...
>nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator

>LIBCMTD.lib(dbgdel.obj)

>nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator

>defined in LIBCMTD.lib(dbgnew.obj)

Sun, 27 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC50 Setup Program Help Needed

2. help needed with c/c++ v7 linker problem

3. When is VC50.PDB needed?

4. When is VC50.PDB needed?

5. need help with a linker error

6. Linker Error in ATL2.1 Help Needed !

7. Need help about linker

8. HELP NEEDED ( with C Linker )

9. VC 5.0 Linker error -- Need help on an unknown message

10. Need help with eVC 4 linker errors

11. Problems converting from VC50 to VC60

12. vc50 - menubar vanished - help !