How can I use library consists of 3(dll, exp, lib) files?
Author Message
 How can I use library consists of 3(dll, exp, lib) files?

Windows binary version of id3lib consists of three files.
There are dll, exp, lib files.
How can I use this library?

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 05:23:24 GMT
 How can I use library consists of 3(dll, exp, lib) files?
If you are using the library, you will link against the *.lib file. *.dll is
what you would need at run time when your module is instantiated.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Quote:
> Windows binary version of id3lib consists of three files.
> There are dll, exp, lib files.
> How can I use this library?

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 05:47:02 GMT
 How can I use library consists of 3(dll, exp, lib) files?
Firstly, you should open Project Setting dialog in VC++ IDE and select 'Link
' option,you will see the combobox named Category,just select Input
option,then add the *.lib in Object/library modules and add the path of this
lib file in Additional library path,close the setting dialog, and compile
your project. Finally, you should copy the dll file to your working
dirctory. As for the exp file ,you can just leave it alone.

Quote:
> Windows binary version of id3lib consists of three files.
> There are dll, exp, lib files.
> How can I use this library?

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 06:04:09 GMT

1. How can I use library consists of 3(dll, exp, lib) files?

2. Differentiate LIB file for static library and LIB file for DLL

3. How to load DLL file which consists of .h and .dll only

4. VC++5: Creating library .\Debug/Test.lib and object .\Debug/Test.exp

5. Using a DLL file that comes without a LIB file

7. Use DLL library function without LIB file...

8. Use DLL library function without LIB file

9. Inhibit .lib and .exp

10. How to avoid creation of .exp and .lib

11. EXP and .LIB generation during link

12. Using a Library File (DLL)