Multiple list controls sharing the same horizontal scroll bar?
Author Message
 Multiple list controls sharing the same horizontal scroll bar?

I am very interested in learning how to create multiple list controls
sharing the same horizontal scroll bar.

There is a demo program about BCGControlBar at bcgsoft.com. Its sample
project called BCGDevStudioExample contains several list controls sharing
the same horizontal scroll bar, which is exactly what I want.

The demo is very nice but I have no idea how they achieve this.

Some Background: The multiple list controls are contained by a "Resizable
Docking Window". I have been able to create the "Resizable Docking Window"
based on Cristi and many other authors' work (Thank you all very much for
your wonderfull articles and source code!) . I also successfully created
multiple edit controls sharing the same horizontal scroll bar inside the
resiable docking window by overriding GetScrollBarCtrl() and returning the
shared scroll bar. But it seems the same method is not enough for list
controls. This way I couldn't even completely disable the built-in
horizontal scroll bar of the list controls.

I guess how to create these list controls sharing the same horizontal scroll
bar inside the docking window is a part of the interesting question "how to
create DevStudio like control bar". I wonder how bcgsoft.com can do this
perfectly. It's amazing. I have been working on this every night for four
weeks. Are there any free source code available?

I would appreciate it very much for any help.

Yu

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:17:11 GMT

1. One scroll bar for multiple list boxes?

2. Horizontal Scroll bar of a CListCtrl

3. CListBox - horizontal scroll bar issue

4. ListBox with horizontal scroll bar

5. Subclassing the Horizontal scroll-bar of a CListCtrl

6. Question about listbox's horizontal scroll bar

7. Problem with Horizontal Scroll Bar in CListControl.

8. ListBox Horizontal Scroll Bar will not appear???

9. Horizontal Scroll Bar in listbox

10. RichEdit - Visible Lines, Horizontal Scroll Bar

11. Horizontal Scroll bars

12. CList owner draw - Horizontal scroll bar not appearing