Beginer - extracting data from XML file
Author Message
 Beginer - extracting data from XML file

Hello,

I would like to develop an application that opens an XML file and extractst
the data from it.
I will be using Visual Studio 6.0 and MFC, and MSXML 4
Could you give me some pointers or sample code as to how to accomplis this.

I have read a good beginner's article at CodeGuru,
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) by Tom Archer. But some
have posted that the example doesn't work with MSXML4.

This is what i need to do:

If i have to following XML document (i'm using this from Archer's sample)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<autos>
  <manufacturer name="Chevrolet">
    <make name="Corvette">
      <model>2000 Convertible</model>
      <price currency="usd">60,000</price>
      <horsePower>420</horsePower>
      <fuelCapacity units="gallons">18.5</fuelCapacity>
    </make>
  </manufacturer>
  <manufacturer name="Mazda">
    <make name="RX-7">
      <model>test model</model>
      <price currency="usd">30,000</price>
      <horsePower>350</horsePower>
      <fuelCapacity units="gallons">15.5</fuelCapacity>
    </make>
  </manufacturer>
</autos>

How do i extract "2000 Convertible", "60,000", "420" and store them in
CString?

Thanks a lot,
Alex

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:52:35 GMT

1. Extract data from a file

2. C code to extract data from mpeg file

3. extracting data from .zip files

4. How to extract data from Paradox files?

5. extracting data from sound files ???

6. How to extract data from Paradox files?

7. extracting and writing to a .zip ( or really any compressed file) without extracting

8. Storing data from a datagrid into an XML file

9. Writing encrypted data into a XML file

10. Retrieving data from a XML file on the web

11. How to read XML data from a file

12. Data Access Performance of XML, versus SQL versus Text File