dynamic control creation
Author Message
 dynamic control creation

I am trying to create controls dynamically but right after the control is
created the entire application just hangs... any ideas?

Sun, 29 May 2005 07:42:32 GMT
 dynamic control creation
This is too general to know whats going on. You should step thru in debug
mode and look at the offending statement on the stack to find a clue. You
could be simply accessing uninitialized pointer.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Quote:
> I am trying to create controls dynamically but right after the control is
> created the entire application just hangs... any ideas?

Sun, 29 May 2005 08:18:33 GMT
 dynamic control creation
Perhaps you could help me, also. My program has a bug. What's wrong. Please answer
concisely and clearly.

Without some idea of what you are doing, where you see the apparent failure, etc., there
is no way to answer a question this vague.

For example, when it "hangs", and you break into the de{*filter*}, where is it? Tracing the
call stack back from that point, what's the source code in your app that initiated the
chain of calls? Source code snippets and debug information would be essential to
diagnosing this problem.
                                        joe

Quote:

>I am trying to create controls dynamically but right after the control is
>created the entire application just hangs... any ideas?

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~newcomer
MVP Tips: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~newcomer/mvp_tips.htm

Sun, 29 May 2005 18:55:49 GMT

1. Dynamic Control Creation

2. Dynamic Control Creation in C#

3. Dynamic control creation on a DialogBar

4. ATL Bug? Dynamic control Creation problem

5. Handling new events with dynamic control creation

6. Dynamic Control Creation At Runtime?

7. Dynamic Control Creation

8. handle new events in case of dynamic control creation ?

9. Dynamic creation of controls without ressource ID

10. Dynamic Creation of Controls

11. Dynamic creation of controls...

12. Dynamic creation of controls in a FormView