How to get FullRowSelect to select whole row in CListViewCtrl 
Author Message
 How to get FullRowSelect to select whole row in CListViewCtrl

I know how to set the full row  select mode in a CListViewCtrl.  The problem
is that the selection bar is not covering all of the text in the last
column.  It seems like only the first character two are covered.   If I
resize the control than the last column is completely covered with the
selection bar as I want it to be.  Any idea what is wrong?



Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 How to get FullRowSelect to select whole row in CListViewCtrl

With version 4.70 of the common controls library, the list view control has
an extended style to do this LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT.

CListCtrl supports this through a function called SetExtendedStyle(DWORD).
Just pass in this constant. Note that you'll also have to make sure the
upgraded common controls get installed when you install your application.

Chris Burnette
E-OIR Measurements, Inc.


Quote:
> I know how to set the full row  select mode in a CListViewCtrl.  The
problem
> is that the selection bar is not covering all of the text in the last
> column.  It seems like only the first character two are covered.   If I
> resize the control than the last column is completely covered with the
> selection bar as I want it to be.  Any idea what is wrong?



Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 How to get FullRowSelect to select whole row in CListViewCtrl

Hello, i think that you can the MFC sample named: "rowlist".


Quote:
> I know how to set the full row  select mode in a CListViewCtrl.  The
problem
> is that the selection bar is not covering all of the text in the last
> column.  It seems like only the first character two are covered.   If I
> resize the control than the last column is completely covered with the
> selection bar as I want it to be.  Any idea what is wrong?



Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:18:31 GMT  
 How to get FullRowSelect to select whole row in CListViewCtrl
Yes, I have done that the problem is that all columns but the very last
column  are selected.



Quote:

> With version 4.70 of the common controls library, the list view
control has
> an extended style to do this LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT.

> CListCtrl supports this through a function called SetExtendedStyle
(DWORD).
> Just pass in this constant. Note that you'll also have to make sure
the
> upgraded common controls get installed when you install your
application.

> Chris Burnette
> E-OIR Measurements, Inc.



> > I know how to set the full row  select mode in a CListViewCtrl.  The
> problem
> > is that the selection bar is not covering all of the text in the
last
> > column.  It seems like only the first character two are covered.
If I
> > resize the control than the last column is completely covered with
the
> > selection bar as I want it to be.  Any idea what is wrong?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.


Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 How to get FullRowSelect to select whole row in CListViewCtrl


[re: setting LVS_FULLROWSELECT style bit]

Quote:
>Yes, I have done that the problem is that all columns but the very last
>column  are selected.

What version of comctl32.dll do you have and which version of Windows?

--
Chip Calvert - Celtic Wolf, Inc.
Software Design and Development, Project Management,
Technical Writing, Research
(703) 580-0210



Fri, 11 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. How to select in a CListCtrl the whole row

2. Select (or highlight) the whole row in the CListCtrl

3. CListCtrl: Select Whole Row

4. Getting selected row from a CListCtrl

5. Deleting Selected items in CListViewCtrl

6. Help: Highlight the whole row of a CListCtrl

7. Whole row selection in CRichEditCtrl

8. Clistctrl: highlight a whole row

9. How to override CListCtrl and make a whole row select?

10. How to select a whole row in listview control?

11. finding a row and selecting it in a datagrid

12. selected row in a datagrid...

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software