COM Object
Author Message
 COM Object

I have a situation where iam using a com object frequently.
Is it possible to keep a COM Object always in memory?.
Or we have to create one and never call release function.
Thanks

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:05:29 GMT
 COM Object
As you said, dont call Release on it. Even better, use CComPtr in your app
object which wraps your com object.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Quote:
> I have a situation where iam using a com object frequently.
> Is it possible to keep a COM Object always in memory?.
> Or we have to create one and never call release function.
> Thanks

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:27:09 GMT

1. Return a pointer to a nested COM object from a COM object method

2. Invoking COM object from COM object

3. passing COM object pointers to another COM object in ATL

4. COM Object returning COM Object Reference

5. COM object in a COM object

6. Passing COM objects as parameters to other COM objects

7. C++ COM-Object with COM-Object as parameter

8. Creating COM objects from COM objects

9. Problem with scripting context when using VB com object inside VC com object

10. Passing COM objects as parameters to other COM objects

11. Using COM objects within COM objects

12. Passing a COM object to a non-COM aware class