Accessing an Ms Access 2000 Query using VC++, via ODBC
Author Message
 Accessing an Ms Access 2000 Query using VC++, via ODBC

I have an Access Database, and I am trying to retrieve the results of
a query using VC++. I created a CRecordSet object and using the
classwizard, selected the appropriate query.

All the variables were bound and things were working just fine, but
when I used the Open() method of my CRecordSet derived CMyQ object,
the following error message popped up:

====
" is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid
characters or punctuation and that is not too long.
====

The exact method invocation was

CDatabase m_Database;
CMyQ a = new CMyQ (&m_Database);
a->Open ();

CMyQ is defined by ClassWizard.

I know this can be done using DAO, but I am keen on learning how to do
this using CRecordSet.

Thank you..

Thu, 17 Jun 2004 23:34:15 GMT

1. how to open ms access 2000 mdb via vc++ and dao

2. version 6 of MS VC++ and Access 2000 using dao

3. version 6 of MS VC++ and Access 2000 using dao

4. ODBC + Parameterized Queries + Additional Filters (Access 2000)

5. Accessing Access 2000 via DAO

6. ACCESS update via MFC ( VC++ 4.2) classes using ODBC

7. Access 2000 - VC ++ 6.0 - ODBC

8. Problem accessing Access 2000 database using DAO. - URGENT

9. Accessing access via MFC Database classes and ODBC

10. OLE DB trying to access MS Access queries

11. Accessing access via MFC Database classes and ODBC

12. Accessing access via MFC Database classes and ODBC