VS 6.0 -> VS .NET migration issues 
Author Message
 VS 6.0 -> VS .NET migration issues

Hello!

After I migrated my MFC project (MDI application) from VS 6.0 to VS 7.0 I am
having these issues:

1. The print preview dialog opens as a child of the mainframe window, so all
icons of the mainframe window are visible. I tried to make a sample wizard
generated app in VS.NET and it had this disease too.

2. The app crashes (unhandled exception) when calling CreatePrinterDC().
Only when debugging, it works in release mode. CreatePrinterDC() takes no
parameters, so what may be going wrong?

Of course everything was funtional with VS 6.0
These issues prevent me from the migration to VS.NET.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Vaclav Jedlicka



Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:49:07 GMT  
 VS 6.0 -> VS .NET migration issues
Hi,

Could you post a sample which is able to reproduce the problem?

Regards,
HuangTM
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.



Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:49:09 GMT  
 VS 6.0 -> VS .NET migration issues
If you simply generate a new MFC doc-view app (MDI) by the wizard and run
it, you will see that the print preview dialog opens incorrectly (inside the
mainframe window), it is just a 5 minutes test.

Please let me know

Thanks

Vaclav



Quote:
> Hi,

> Could you post a sample which is able to reproduce the problem?

> Regards,
> HuangTM
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.



Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:29:24 GMT  
 VS 6.0 -> VS .NET migration issues
Vaclav,

Quote:
>1. The print preview dialog opens as a child of the mainframe window, so
all
>icons of the mainframe window are visible. I tried to make a sample wizard
>generated app in VS.NET and it had this disease too.

This is a by desgin  change in behaviour  between 6.0 and 7.0.

Quote:
>2. The app crashes (unhandled exception) when calling CreatePrinterDC().
>Only when debugging, it works in release mode. CreatePrinterDC() takes no
>parameters, so what may be going wrong?

What context is this being called?
Do you have a call stack for the crash?

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Bobby Mattappally
Microsoft VC++/C# Team

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------

Quote:

>Subject: VS 6.0 -> VS .NET migration issues
>Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 22:49:07 +0100
>Lines: 25

>Hello!

>After I migrated my MFC project (MDI application) from VS 6.0 to VS 7.0 I
am
>having these issues:

>1. The print preview dialog opens as a child of the mainframe window, so
all
>icons of the mainframe window are visible. I tried to make a sample wizard
>generated app in VS.NET and it had this disease too.

>2. The app crashes (unhandled exception) when calling CreatePrinterDC().
>Only when debugging, it works in release mode. CreatePrinterDC() takes no
>parameters, so what may be going wrong?

>Of course everything was funtional with VS 6.0
>These issues prevent me from the migration to VS.NET.

>Can anyone help?

>Thank you.

>Vaclav Jedlicka



Fri, 06 May 2005 20:09:35 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

2. VS.NET vs VC++ 6.0

3. Installing VS.Net and VS 6.0 side by side

4. install vs.net with VS 6.0 still present?

5. VS 6.0 and VS .NET Beta 1 on the same machine

6. Migration of custom appwizards from VC5 to VS.NET

7. Changes in C# between VS.NET Beta and VS.NET Final versions

8. VS.Net 2003 compiler issues

9. converting vs6 to vs.net - issues with rowsets, etc

10. Using VS.NET with 6.0 Compiler

11. Problem in porting code from VC++ 6.0 to VS.Net (using STL)

12. Error Compiling VC 6.0 program in VS.net B2

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software