C++ OCX returns SCODE to VB
Author Message
 C++ OCX returns SCODE to VB

Hello... I have a large OCX written in VC++ and all the methods return an
SCODE.  We now want to use the OCX in a VB program but when we try to
compile we get an error "Not of allowed automation type".  I was wondering
if anyone had come up with a way of dealing with SCODE in VB?
Thanx for any help...

Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 C++ OCX returns SCODE to VB
OLE Automation Objects return HRESULT not SCODE values.
Allowed argument types are listed in the VC++ documentation.
They mainly include BSTR (strings), DWORD, UINT, VARIANT,
short, IUnknown, IDispatch and pointers to these types.

Generally the variable types supported by a VARIANT may be
considered allowed argument types.

You may however pass structures provided you define them in an
IDL or ODL file in your OCX project. See help information on the
VARIANT type within VC++.

Vince

------

Quote:
>Hello... I have a large OCX written in VC++ and all the methods return an
>SCODE.  We now want to use the OCX in a VB program but when we try to
>compile we get an error "Not of allowed automation type".  I was wondering
>if anyone had come up with a way of dealing with SCODE in VB?
>Thanx for any help...

Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. No luck returning Variant* to VB from C++ ATL component

2. Returning strings to vb from c++ dll

3. Help - Calling ActiveX DLL function from VB and C++ returns different values

4. _filelength() returns -1 in C++ 1.52 DLL when called from VB 3.0

5. C++ calling VB DLL returning VARIANT

6. Need urgent help for OCX and Visual C++ (MSINET.OCX)

7. Need urgent help for OCX and Visual C++ (MSINET.OCX)

8. Need urgent help for OCX and Visual C++ (MSINET.OCX)

9. How to create ocx within another ocx in the same .ocx file

10. it'scode down load rom

11. scode-nnn340?

12. DAO Scode Errors : What are they?!