Hide taskbar icon on application startup (show only task tray icon)
Author Message
 Hide taskbar icon on application startup (show only task tray icon)

Hello

I'm trying to write a dialog based application that shows an icon in the task
tray when it starts (but not display an icon in the taskbar). Calling
ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) in OnInitDialog doesn't work, the application icon is
still displayed on the taskbar. I tried everything I could think of: removing
the WS_VISIBLE style, removing the WS_EX_APPWINDOW with CWnd::ModifyStyleEx,
and many other things. The closest I got was to change the way I start the
dialog, and instead of calling DoModal, execute the following code in my
CMyApp::InitInstance:  CMyDlg dlg;  m_pMainWnd = &dlg;
dlg.Create(IDD_MY_DIALOG);  dlg.ShowWindow(SW_HIDE);  int nResponse =
dlg.RunModalLoop(0); This worked just fine, only it crashes when I exit the
application.

Please help, I know it can be done.
TIA, Itay

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 02 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hide taskbar icon on application startup (show only task tray icon)

Quote:

>I'm trying to write a dialog based application that shows an icon in the task
>tray when it starts (but not display an icon in the taskbar).

There is sample code for creating an invisible dialog-based app for
use in tray applications on my website. See the following url:

www.mooremvp.freeserve.co.uk/Win32/w32tip26.htm

--
Bob Moore [MVP]
http://www.mooremvp.freeserve.co.uk

Sun, 02 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. CoolHide - Help you hide/minimize window to Tray and hide icons from the system tray

2. Hiding the SDI main window and taskbar icon on startup

3. How to Delete / hide Icons in Task bar status area / System Tray

4. Tray Icon without Taskbar Icon

5. Tray Icon without Taskbar Icon

6. help: show systray icon, hide taskbar button....

7. task tray icons disappear

8. How to put Icon on System Tray of Task Bar

9. Invisible app with task tray icon

10. Manipulate Icons in the System Tray(Taskbar)

11. Tray Icon vs taskbar button

12. tray icon vs taskbar