getting icon from file extension
Author Message
 getting icon from file extension

Hello,

I wonder how I can get the icon resource associated
to a specific file extension. The QuickTime icon, The
icons for .exe, .txt... files.

    Thanks,
    JM

Jean-Marc Molina - Outlook Express
Signature ------------------------------------------------------------------

Yahoo: molinajm

Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:46:50 GMT
 getting icon from file extension
Use SHFILEINFO. Take a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q179/1/67.ASP for more
info.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Note: Please post all replies to newsgroup only.

Quote:
> Hello,

> I wonder how I can get the icon resource associated
> to a specific file extension. The QuickTime icon, The
> icons for .exe, .txt... files.

>     Thanks,
>     JM

> Jean-Marc Molina - Outlook Express

Signature ------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

> http://goa.ifrance.com AIM: goa103 ICQ: 51481578 MSN:

Quote:
> Yahoo: molinajm

Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:08:28 GMT
 getting icon from file extension
Thanks a lot!
How do you know about these things?
Perhaps I should try to read the whole Shell Reference from MSDN

    jm

Quote:
> Use SHFILEINFO. Take a look at
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q179/1/67.ASP for more
> info.

> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

> Note: Please post all replies to newsgroup only.

> > Hello,

> > I wonder how I can get the icon resource associated
> > to a specific file extension. The QuickTime icon, The
> > icons for .exe, .txt... files.

> >     Thanks,
> >     JM

> > Jean-Marc Molina - Outlook Express

Signature ------------------------------------------------------------------

> > http://goa.ifrance.com AIM: goa103 ICQ: 51481578 MSN:

> > Yahoo: molinajm

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 06:06:30 GMT

1. get icon from file extension. (just extension)

2. How to get Icon of an file extension?

3. Default icon setting with user defined file extension

4. File extension and its icon

5. Registering icon related with certain file extension

6. Setting an icon for file extension

7. How to retrieve icon associated with a file extension

8. MDI Registering file extension-icons

9. Getting VC++ 5.0 IDE to recognise additional file extensions

10. Getting files' name and extension

11. SDK file extension and MFC file extension

12. Getting the file extension when Explorer is set not to display it