Needing advice on Wav programming
Author Message
 Needing advice on Wav programming

 I will be creating an applications which will both play and record audio.
It will not be super sophisticated, with editing being handled by a third
party product. At this point, I will be dealing with only wav files. Later,
I will have to do work with raw audio files; but i am not worried about
that at this point.

I have experience with MFC and DOS audio board programming but I am new at
windows wav manipulation.

I will be supporting both Win95 and WinNT platforms.

I will need to support multiple simultaneous plays/records.

   My questions are this:

    What is the best route to go:   wave Win32 function calls or
DirectSound?

     I was looking over the waveIn... and waveOut... functions and they
seem pretty straightforward except for one thing; how do you get a handle
to the device? All the functions ask that you pass a handle to it, but I
see nowhere on how to get that handle?

   any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

                              Thank you in advance!!
                                   Scott

Tue, 11 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. WAV recorder and WAV player public source needed.......

2. WAV recorder and WAV player public source needed.........

3. analysing speech C program help needed (WAV files)

4. programming language advice needed

5. Need advice on C program

6. need programming advice

7. Need Help/Advice With This C Program...

8. New to programming...advice needed!

9. Programming advice needed

10. Program freezes with Sleep() - now i need some advice about a multi-threaded app

11. Internet programming advice needed

12. Advice needed: Alternative make programs