Understanding UINT Help Please
Author Message
 Understanding UINT Help Please

The MSDN has this definition:

BOOL Play( UINT nFrom, UINT nTo, UINT nRep );

With this explanation:

nTo

Zero-based index of the frame where playing ends. Value must be less than
65,536. A value of - 1 means end with the last frame in the AVI clip.

nRep

Number of times to replay the AVI clip. A value of - 1 means replay the file
indefinitely.

Why an unsigned integer which takes a signed value?

Mon, 09 Jun 2003 03:45:51 GMT
 Understanding UINT Help Please
I see that is a separator not a minus sign?

Quote:
> The MSDN has this definition:

> BOOL Play( UINT nFrom, UINT nTo, UINT nRep );

> With this explanation:

> nTo

> Zero-based index of the frame where playing ends. Value must be less than
> 65,536. A value of - 1 means end with the last frame in the AVI clip.

> nRep

> Number of times to replay the AVI clip. A value of - 1 means replay the
file
> indefinitely.

> Why an unsigned integer which takes a signed value?

Mon, 09 Jun 2003 04:33:08 GMT
 Understanding UINT Help Please

Quote:
>The MSDN has this definition:

>BOOL Play( UINT nFrom, UINT nTo, UINT nRep );

>nTo

>Zero-based index of the frame where playing ends. Value must be less than
>65,536. A value of - 1 means end with the last frame in the AVI clip.
>Why an unsigned integer which takes a signed value?

Tom,

It's more portable to use (UINT) -1 than 0xffffffff.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Mon, 09 Jun 2003 05:11:07 GMT

1. Help on my C code, dont understand how to fix my compiler errors (PLEASE HELP)

2. Learning Linked Lists, Code Attached, My understanding of code attached, Please confirm understanding

3. COM Interop - How to pass C# uint array to COM interface which takes UINT *pArray

4. Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!

5. Please help me understand this...

6. Please help, I don't understand

7. New2C: Problems understanding STRUCT Please HELP!!!!

8. Please help : cannot understand error mesg.

9. Cannot generate typelibrary... please help understand

11. NEED HELP WITH PRITING AN ARRAY, PLEASE PLEASE HELP

12. PLEASE PLEASE HELP HELP...question on interleaving C functions