Extending a COM object using Aggregation or Containment
Author Message
 Extending a COM object using Aggregation or Containment

Hi,

I want to extend a third party COM object by using COM aggregation or
containment. I have found several articles on this but the samples are
complictaed. Does anyone know of a very simple example of extending a
COM object by using containment or aggregation? Just a single method
on the inner com object and an additional one on the outer would be a
really good starting point.

Thanks

Matt

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:51:08 GMT
 Extending a COM object using Aggregation or Containment
Hi Matt,

You may want to check the COMobj sample in COM tutorial for a sample of
containment and aggregation.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcsample98/html/vcsmpcomtutor...
les.asp

Note: The URL may wrap.

Also, TN038 may be helpful:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcmfc98/html/_mfcnotes_tn038.asp

145746 DOC: Technical Note 38: MFC/OLE IUnknown Implementation
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=145746

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Leo Chen

--------------------

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc
| Subject: Extending a COM object using Aggregation or Containment
| Date: 8 Jan 2003 14:51:08 -0800

22:51:08 GMT)

| Hi,
|
| I want to extend a third party COM object by using COM aggregation or
| containment. I have found several articles on this but the samples are
| complictaed. Does anyone know of a very simple example of extending a
| COM object by using containment or aggregation? Just a single method
| on the inner com object and an additional one on the outer would be a
| really good starting point.
|
| Thanks
|
| Matt

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:09:33 GMT

1. Aggregation/containment

2. aggregation + containment

3. aggregation + containment

4. Aggregation VS Containment?

5. Problem with scripting context when using VB com object inside VC com object

6. Using COM objects within COM objects

7. Extending/hacking an existing COM object

8. Return a pointer to a nested COM object from a COM object method

9. Invoking COM object from COM object

10. passing COM object pointers to another COM object in ATL

11. COM Object returning COM Object Reference

12. COM object in a COM object