Can't derive class from CRecordSet
Author Message
 Can't derive class from CRecordSet

I am using VC++ v6.0's ClassWizard to create a class derived from
CRecordSet.

I enter the following:

Class Type:     MFC
Class Name:   TaskRecordSet
Base Class:    CRecordSet
DataSource: ODBC (MS-Access 97)
RecordSet Type: DynaSet
Select the database
Select the tables

When I hit OK I get the message "The file names
(E:\C++\Tasker\TaskRecordSet.h, E:\C++\Tasker\TaskRecordSet.cpp) for
the class TaskRecordSet do not exist or are invalid file names."

Although the files don't exist, I've change the class name.  Even
tried creating the files.  When I do, the wizard tacks a 1 on the end
of the new file name.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Martin

Wed, 30 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't derive class from CRecordSet
I've had about the same problem, You might need to remove the file names
from the FileView and also erase them from the Windows explorer then
restart MSVC and it should be in sync, allowing You to enter the class
name again, without getting the '1' added to Your filenames.

If this doesn't work, then accept the filename with the trailing '1' ,
then use the editor to manually change all class name references to
remove the '1', remove the files from the file view, rename them in
explorer, and add the files to Your project again.

Hope this helps

Anders Nilsson

Quote:

> I am using VC++ v6.0's ClassWizard to create a class derived from
> CRecordSet.

> I enter the following:

> Class Type:     MFC
> Class Name:   TaskRecordSet
> Base Class:    CRecordSet
> DataSource: ODBC (MS-Access 97)
> RecordSet Type: DynaSet
> Select the database
> Select the tables

> When I hit OK I get the message "The file names
> (E:\C++\Tasker\TaskRecordSet.h, E:\C++\Tasker\TaskRecordSet.cpp) for
> the class TaskRecordSet do not exist or are invalid file names."

> Although the files don't exist, I've change the class name.  Even
> tried creating the files.  When I do, the wizard tacks a 1 on the end
> of the new file name.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks,

> Martin

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't derive class from CRecordSet
Hi... it seems that the same files with the same class name is already
existing on your directory.  That is the reason why it creates another file
with a 1 appended on the filename.  If the same file exist but not the same
class... it will only append the class to the file specified.  It seems that
you clicked the OK button (while adding the class) twice.

Hope this helps,
John
http://members.xoom.com/johncruise/vcpp

Quote:

>I am using VC++ v6.0's ClassWizard to create a class derived from
>CRecordSet.

>I enter the following:

>Class Type:     MFC
>Class Name:   TaskRecordSet
>Base Class:    CRecordSet
>DataSource: ODBC (MS-Access 97)
>RecordSet Type: DynaSet
>Select the database
>Select the tables

>When I hit OK I get the message "The file names
>(E:\C++\Tasker\TaskRecordSet.h, E:\C++\Tasker\TaskRecordSet.cpp) for
>the class TaskRecordSet do not exist or are invalid file names."

>Although the files don't exist, I've change the class name.  Even
>tried creating the files.  When I do, the wizard tacks a 1 on the end
>of the new file name.

>Any ideas?

>Thanks,

>Martin

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't create new record using CRecordset derived class

2. My CRecordset derived class doesn't work in Release mode

3. Can't derive class from CRecordSet

4. Class Wizard won't let me derive a class from my class

5. cann't get runtime class for CDateTimeCtrl/CMonthCalCtrl derived class

6. NTDLL.DLL Access Violation in CRecordset-derived class?

7. Derived CRecordset class questions

8. Derived CRecordset or standalone CODBC class ?

9. Enumerated field access thru CRecordset-derived class

10. Classes derived from CRecordset and CDaoRecordset

11. Derived Class off CRecordSet

12. Problem deriving a class from CRecordSet