Splash Screens and View
Author Message
 Splash Screens and View

Hi,

I have written an SDI application and want to call a function (in the View)
immediately after the splash screen has been destroyed.

That is, in the splash code:

void CSplashWnd::HideSplashScreen()
{
        CWnd* pMainWnd = AfxGetMainWnd();

        DestroyWindow();

//    I want to call a function in the View here.

        pMainWnd->UpdateWindow();

Quote:
}

Does anybody know how to do this?

The real problem that I'm trying to solve is this:

Within the SDI, I want the user to be guided through certain selections from
dialog boxes once the splash screen has been destroyed. If I include this in
the InitialUpdate part of the View, the program crashes (the program will
display the splash screen and the dialog at the same time.

If anybody can help me with my initial problem or maybe suggest another
route, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance.

DAVE EVANS

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Splash Screen

2. Splash Screen + Hardware Key Reader

3. Application Splash Screens?

4. Splash Screen

5. Changing an .EXE file to include an advert splash screen

6. How to write a splash screen?

7. Images and splash screen

8. splash screen only with bitmap?

9. Splash Screen for Dialog Based Apps

10. Splash Screen

11. Trying to implement a 'splash screen'

12. Hiding splash screen when studio starts