Accelerator Key cuasing crash on win98
Author Message
 Accelerator Key cuasing crash on win98

What command is it an accelerator for? And does issuing that command
from the menu cause the same error?
                        joe

Quote:

>I am working on MDI application which crashes on win98 sometime when
>using accelerator keys for menu item ( Ctrl+I or Ctrl+X etc), details
>shows a crash in user.exe.

>plz help

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~newcomer
MVP Tips: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~newcomer/mvp_tips.htm

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

--
Tabs

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Accelerator Key cuasing crash on win98
Command is for menu item for Cut/Copy/Paste, insert row etc.
No using Menu Item it works fine.

-tabs

Quote:

--
tabassum

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Accelerator Key cuasing crash on win98
What is on the call stack when you crash in user.exe? In particular,
you are passing a bogus address to a call, and you need to figure why.
For example, if you are doing an insert-row you need to deal with what
happens if no row has the focus; you might be getting a NULL window
handle or something like that. For cut/copy/paste (WM_CUT, WM_COPY,
WM_PASTE) I don't know offhand of any way to make these fail except
possibly passing an illegal window handle in. Putting a few ASSERTs
around (ASSERT(mywindow != NULL);  for example) may catch something
like this, but the backtrace is your first good bet. If the backtrace
is not complete enough (internally, some functions corrupt the
backtrace chain), put a breakpoint at the handler for the command and
single-step until it crashes, then retry it but check all the
parameters before stepping into the call that crashes.
                        joe

Quote:

>Command is for menu item for Cut/Copy/Paste, insert row etc.
>No using Menu Item it works fine.

>-tabs

>> What command is it an accelerator for? And does issuing that command
>> from the menu cause the same error?
>>                        joe

>> >I am working on MDI application which crashes on win98 sometime when
>> >using accelerator keys for menu item ( Ctrl+I or Ctrl+X etc), details
>> >shows a crash in user.exe.

>> >plz help

>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

>> Web: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer
>> MVP Tips: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer/mvp_tips.htm

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer

Wed, 21 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accelerator hot keys cause lock up on Win98

2. Crash Problem with Accelerators in Dialog

3. Accelerator keys

4. Accelerator Keys on a control?

5. Extending Accelerator keys in a control : How To

6. MMC snap in property pages and accelerator keys...

7. CAxDialogImpl and accelerator Key table

8. Accelerator Keys on a dialog

9. Accelerator Keys in DLL

10. How do I add an accelerator key ?

11. Accelerator keys don't work