Owner-draw for control elements - problem
Author Message
 Owner-draw for control elements - problem

I am working on a application which uses primarily touchscreen
interaction, but that needs to use many of the common controls
such as CListBox, CComboBox, CTabCtrl available in the UI.
My problem is that I can't figure out how things like the
scrollbars on these controls (or the right & left scroll buttons
when the tab control has more tabs than fit) can themselves
be drawn by my own application code (ideally by my own
derived classes of CListBox, CComboBox, etc.).  My impression
is that overriding DrawItem is fine for the items within a
listbox, for instance, but I need to be able to draw the control
elements themselves such that they are big enough for use
in a touchscreen situation.

If anyone has done this or has ideas, please let me know.
If anyone can say definitively it can't be done, please deliver the bad
news as well so I can at least inform my client of a potential snag.

Thanks,

-Ed Hinton
 Inter-Objects, Inc.

Mon, 19 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie to owner drawn: Scroll Bars in Owner drawn ListCtrl

2. Owner Drawn Tab Control Problem

3. Owner Draw ComboBox - CompareItem problem - Sort Problem

4. Need help with Owner Drawn Button Class in ATL composite Control

5. Owner Draw in ATL/WTL Window Controls

6. Owner drawn list control

7. how to do an owner draw slider control ?

8. Owner drawn tab control

9. owner draw tab control

10. How To Get the Caption and Control Id of Owner Drawn PushButton

11. Owner Drawn Control Help!!

12. Mouse Control in Owner Drawn Button