initialization in SDI ChildView
Author Message
 initialization in SDI ChildView

Hi there,

I have a SDI-based app with no Doc/View.  all I want is to create
a few modeless dialog inside the app.  I need to do some initialization
to my objects, and if they fail, the app should exit.   I tried
to put the initialization in OnCreate() of CChildView but it gave
me assertion failure when I return -1 in OnCreate().   what should
be the appropriate place to put the initialization codes?

Thanks.

--
Walter Fung
DCNS/ITSU/CUHK

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. MainFrame / ChildView positioning in SDI

2. ChildView of a ChildView ?

3. mainframe / childview positioning

4. MDI and ChildViews derived from different CFormView

5. non doc/view app - access to CListCtrl member of ChildView

6. dialog in ChildView

7. MDI and ChildViews derived from different CFormView

8. sdi + sdi

9. displaying an initial screen in an SDI program before the main sdi

10. SDI having an SDI as a sub-window

11. NEWBIE: Initialization of member variables

12. Aggregate Initialization of Managed Structure