derive class from derived MFC
Author Message
 derive class from derived MFC

I derived a class from CListCtrl named CListCtrlEx, then I derived a
subclass name MyListCtrl from CListCtrlEx. But I then cannot set a
listctrl in a dialog to be MyListCtrl type variable since MyListCtrl is
not in the chooseable list. I cannot set the LVN_ENDLABELEDIT handler
for MyListCtrl either. Any idea?

Thanks.

Song

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 derive class from derived MFC

Your first problem can be solved by looking at an MFC Tech Note on MSDN.
It's been a while, but I believe it is Tech Note #26. It deals with using
DDX, including how to have your custom types show up in the Add Member
Variable dialog. If you can't find it or have any problems, email me and
I'll send you a sample.

--
Cheers,
Tom Archer

page: http://tarcher.home.mindspring.com

Quote:

>I derived a class from CListCtrl named CListCtrlEx, then I derived a
>subclass name MyListCtrl from CListCtrlEx. But I then cannot set a
>listctrl in a dialog to be MyListCtrl type variable since MyListCtrl is
>not in the chooseable list. I cannot set the LVN_ENDLABELEDIT handler
>for MyListCtrl either. Any idea?

>Thanks.

>Song

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Deriving from own MFC derived class

2. New Class derived from Class which derived from CWindowImpl

3. Activating the class wizard on a derived-derived Cwnd class

4. How to Create CCtrlView derived class based on CTreeCtrl derived class

5. How to Create CCtrlView derived class based on CTreeCtrl derived class

6. Creating a DLL in MFC to store a class not derived from an MFC class

7. Derived Interface implemented in derived class not found

8. Derive from CDialog derived classes

9. Creating derived dialogue from CDialog-derived class

10. Level 1 warning when deriving an exported class from an MFC class in VC++ 6.0

11. Class in class OR class derived from class?

12. (mfc) deleting an instance of a class derived from the CRecordset