Global Keyboard hook without DLL
Author Message
 Global Keyboard hook without DLL

Enrinonment: Win98, MFC, VC++6

Hi,
I know how to make a global (whole windows) hook of the keyboard when
using a DLL
that has the hook function..
But I want to know if there are ways to do the same thing with no DLL,
or maybe
is there a way to make the DLL part of the application? so it won't be a
seperate
file?

I tried putting the hook function as global in the application (no dll)
and it doesnt work good because as last parameter of SetWindowsHookEx I
wrote NULL
so it would be in all of windows.. But then when I press a key in some
application
while the hook is running, the application I was in actually processes
the hook..
At least that's what I think is happening.. and then it sometimes
crashes..

If you need more details, please ask!
Thanks, Bye
  Uri Gilad

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Global Keyboard hook without DLL
Online help:
'A global hook procedure can be called in the context of any application, so
the procedure must be in a separate dynamic-link library (DLL) module'

Johan Rosengren
Responsable Informatique
PACTA S.A.

Quote:
> Enrinonment: Win98, MFC, VC++6

> Hi,
> I know how to make a global (whole windows) hook of the keyboard when
> using a DLL
> that has the hook function..
> But I want to know if there are ways to do the same thing with no DLL,
> or maybe
> is there a way to make the DLL part of the application? so it won't be a
> seperate
> file?

> I tried putting the hook function as global in the application (no dll)
> and it doesnt work good because as last parameter of SetWindowsHookEx I
> wrote NULL
> so it would be in all of windows.. But then when I press a key in some
> application
> while the hook is running, the application I was in actually processes
> the hook..
> At least that's what I think is happening.. and then it sometimes
> crashes..

> If you need more details, please ask!
> Thanks, Bye
>   Uri Gilad

Sun, 24 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. PB with modeless app and global DLL keyboard hook

2. Global Keyboard Hook Problem

3. help pls on MFC DLLs and Global WH_SHELL hook

4. CFile in a dll with global hook??

5. Help - Global hook in DLL

6. Keyboard Hook DLL Problem

7. More issues with global hooks and .NET :-(

8. Global Hook does appear possible in .Net ?

9. how to install a global hook in c#

10. Global hook in sta control and VB problem?

11. STA and global hooks question?

12. Questions about installing Global Hook...