Using TransparentBlt(...)
Author Message
 Using TransparentBlt(...)

I am trying to call the function  BOOL
TransparentBlt(HDC,int,int,int,int,HDC,int,int,int,int,UINT) without
success. It compiles but I get a linker error, LNK 2002: unresolved external
symbol __imp__TransparentBlt(at)44.  Am I missing an include or perhaps the
function body itself? I do have the msimg32.dll in Windows\System. I also
have msimg.lib in the VC4 library directory. Any help would be appreciated.

Al

Wed, 05 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Using TransparentBlt(...)
Hi, Al!

Try adding the msimg32.lib import library to your project's list of object/library modules on the
Settings Link tab. Be sure to choose all configurations first or you'lll end up having to do it over
when you switch builds.

HTH,

Jeff...

>I am trying to call the function  BOOL
>TransparentBlt(HDC,int,int,int,int,HDC,int,int,int,int,UINT) without
>success. It compiles but I get a linker error, LNK 2002: unresolved external
>symbol __imp__TransparentBlt(at)44.  Am I missing an include or perhaps the
>function body itself? I do have the msimg32.dll in Windows\System. I also
>have msimg.lib in the VC4 library directory. Any help would be appreciated.

>Al

Wed, 05 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Using TransparentBlt(...)
Are you using Win 98 or Win 2000?

Quote:
> I am trying to call the function  BOOL
> TransparentBlt(HDC,int,int,int,int,HDC,int,int,int,int,UINT) without
> success. It compiles but I get a linker error, LNK 2002: unresolved
external
> symbol __imp__TransparentBlt(at)44.  Am I missing an include or perhaps
the
> function body itself? I do have the msimg32.dll in Windows\System. I also
> have msimg.lib in the VC4 library directory. Any help would be
appreciated.

> Al

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 10:22:20 GMT
 Using TransparentBlt(...)
Thanks Jeff,

Took me awhile to find the Link Tab but that did it. I had the file I was
currently working on set on the settings dialog and there was no link tab.
Am a transplant from Borland IDE so this visual studio is new to me.

Thanks again,
Al

Quote:
> Hi, Al!

> Try adding the msimg32.lib import library to your project's list of

object/library modules on the
Quote:
> Settings Link tab. Be sure to choose all configurations first or you'lll

end up having to do it over
Quote:
> when you switch builds.

> HTH,

> Jeff...

> --
> Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup only.

> >I am trying to call the function  BOOL
> >TransparentBlt(HDC,int,int,int,int,HDC,int,int,int,int,UINT) without
> >success. It compiles but I get a linker error, LNK 2002: unresolved
external
> >symbol __imp__TransparentBlt(at)44.  Am I missing an include or perhaps
the
> >function body itself? I do have the msimg32.dll in Windows\System. I also
> >have msimg.lib in the VC4 library directory. Any help would be
appreciated.

> >Al

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Using TransparentBlt(...)
Hi Jim,

I am developing on Win 98 and hope the code is usable both on 98 and 2000.
Is there are difference?
The function does run now that Jeff mentioned adding the lib to the link.

Al

Quote:
> Are you using Win 98 or Win 2000?

> > I am trying to call the function  BOOL
> > TransparentBlt(HDC,int,int,int,int,HDC,int,int,int,int,UINT) without
> > success. It compiles but I get a linker error, LNK 2002: unresolved
> external
> > symbol __imp__TransparentBlt(at)44.  Am I missing an include or perhaps
> the
> > function body itself? I do have the msimg32.dll in Windows\System. I
also
> > have msimg.lib in the VC4 library directory. Any help would be
> appreciated.

> > Al

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Using TransparentBlt(...)
Al-
    I was just checking to see which OS(es) you were targeting, since the
TransparentBlt() function isn't available on Win95 or NT4.

Quote:
> Hi Jim,

> I am developing on Win 98 and hope the code is usable both on 98 and 2000.
> Is there are difference?
> The function does run now that Jeff mentioned adding the lib to the link.

> Al

> > Are you using Win 98 or Win 2000?

> > > I am trying to call the function  BOOL
> > > TransparentBlt(HDC,int,int,int,int,HDC,int,int,int,int,UINT) without
> > > success. It compiles but I get a linker error, LNK 2002: unresolved
> > external
> > > symbol __imp__TransparentBlt(at)44.  Am I missing an include or
perhaps
> > the
> > > function body itself? I do have the msimg32.dll in Windows\System. I
> also
> > > have msimg.lib in the VC4 library directory. Any help would be
> > appreciated.

> > > Al

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using TransparentBlt

2. Using TransparentBlt with eVC4.0

4. Resource leak in TransparentBlt.

5. TransparentBlt

6. why don't work TransparentBlt

7. Resource leak in TransparentBlt function

8. TransparentBlt in dialog controls :: Bug?

9. TransparentBlt

10. TransparentBlt

11. Using types in a different assembly given that the type may be used or not used

12. Help! ::TransparentBlt fails to make transparent, why?