Compatibility Windows NT, 98 and 95 ...?
Author Message
 Compatibility Windows NT, 98 and 95 ...?

Hi dear all,

My MFC application is initially designed for Windows 98 , but I tested
it on NT and it doesn t work.
the exception 0xc0000096 appeared , sayed Dr Watson NT ... is it because
of MFC , or only some of the functions I call ? is it possible to track
all the functions ( or API calls ) that are not supported by NT? how
(where?) to know which number of exception corresponds to what ?
If I compile my app on NT, it should work ?
and what about Win 95?

I know I ask too much questions, will you have enough of answers ?

thanks, any help would be appreciated

Xavier MAMY

Tue, 21 Oct 2003 01:10:16 GMT
 Compatibility Windows NT, 98 and 95 ...?
You need to take a look at every API call you make and verify the call and
its arguments against MSDN.  NT and 2K are much stricter about argument
passing.
--
Mike Ober.

Quote:
> Hi dear all,

> My MFC application is initially designed for Windows 98 , but I tested
> it on NT and it doesn t work.
> the exception 0xc0000096 appeared , sayed Dr Watson NT ... is it because
> of MFC , or only some of the functions I call ? is it possible to track
> all the functions ( or API calls ) that are not supported by NT? how
> (where?) to know which number of exception corresponds to what ?
> If I compile my app on NT, it should work ?
> and what about Win 95?

> I know I ask too much questions, will you have enough of answers ?

> thanks, any help would be appreciated

> Xavier MAMY

Tue, 21 Oct 2003 02:28:17 GMT
 Compatibility Windows NT, 98 and 95 ...?
The Platform SDK has a file called Win32API.Csv that is a "Comma Separated
Values" file that is easily viewed by Excel, Access or many other such
programs. It lists all Win32 API functions and indicates whether each one is
supported by the various Windows versions. That might make things easier.

Something that I am somewhat familiar with is the "Browser Toolkits" for
accessing the bsc files created by VC when you set the option for a browser
file. I am not sure but I think that it would list the functions called,
including Win32 API functions. So if you wanted to, you could write a
program that automatically does the determination for you, but that would
probably be more work than this would justify. It sounds like it would be a
very useful tool, though, and perhaps it has already been done.

Q153393 - Browser Toolkits for Microsoft Visual C++
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q153/3/93.asp

Quote:
> Hi dear all,

> My MFC application is initially designed for Windows 98 , but I tested
> it on NT and it doesn t work.
> the exception 0xc0000096 appeared , sayed Dr Watson NT ... is it because
> of MFC , or only some of the functions I call ? is it possible to track
> all the functions ( or API calls ) that are not supported by NT? how
> (where?) to know which number of exception corresponds to what ?
> If I compile my app on NT, it should work ?
> and what about Win 95?

> I know I ask too much questions, will you have enough of answers ?

> thanks, any help would be appreciated

> Xavier MAMY

Tue, 21 Oct 2003 04:32:00 GMT

1. .NET ActiveX control compatibility with Windows 95/98?

2. Windows 95 and 98 compatibility

3. DCOM with windows NT/ 95-98

4. Differences between Windows NT, 98 and 95.

5. Code does not run under windows 95/98 but on NT

6. IPC windows 95/98/NT/2000

7. Compatibility of Visual C++ 6.0 98/NT with Windows ME

8. DBWin32 V2.2 Captures OutputDebugString on '95/'98/NT

9. Develope DB for clients computers running microsoft 95/98/NT

10. DBWin32 V2.0 Captures OutputDebugString on '95/'98/NT

11. strcpy(x, x) works in NT/2000 but not 95/98

12. DBWin32 V2.0 Captures OutputDebugString on '95/'98/NT